Community Events vs. Events Calendar Pro

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Community Events vs. Events Calendar Pro

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bart Thomas

Hi, I waited to long to respond with a follow-up question to a thread I started (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/are-publicly-submitted-events-a-pro-feature/#post-1478464) and it’s closed now.

What is not clear in your Community Events product description is what the basic calendar features are. The only things referred to in the Key Features and Screenshots are the user-submitted features (nothing about the general calendar features), so I don’t know if Community Events plugin will be enough on its own or if we need to also purchase the Events Calendar Pro plugin as well.

Essentially, we’d like it to more or less display and function like the demo site (https://wpshindig.com/events/). It’s just not clear in your Community Events product info what features – beyond just the ones related to user-submitted events – are included in Community Events. We’re ready to pull the trigger!

Thanks!
    Bart

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hey Bart,

Thanks for reaching us out! I hope you’re doing well.

Actually, the main plugin functionality is given by The Events Calendar, which is a free plugin to manage events in a proper and nice manner. The Events Calendar PRO adds even more awesomeness to the event administration, with features that include: Premium Support Access, Recurring Events, Week View, Photo View, Map View, Location Search, Venue & Organizer View, Advanced Widgets, Shortcodes, Additional Fields.

You can learn more about the PRO Features by visiting this page.

Community Events will let users add their own events to your calendar. It also comes with a list of amazing features, like Event Submission Form, Publishing Control, Standard Event Fields, Registered User Settings, Editing Events, Categories and Tags, Saved Venues and Organizers, Spam Prevention, Email Notifications. You can learn more about this plugin by visiting this page.

Please have in mind that the calendar functionality will be given by The Events Calendar (Free or Pro), so that choice would have more to do with the requirements you have for the site you’re building.

Best,

Juan.

Bart Thomas

Thanks, Juan. That’s exactly the info I was looking for. It’s not clear on the Community Events landing page that it is an add-on that requires either the paid version or the pro version of the Events Calendar plug-in. You might want to make that clear.

Thanks for your help!

Bart

juanfra
    Keymaster

Hey Bart,

Thanks for the follow-up and for the feedback! We’ll do our best to improve the landing page.

You are welcome 🙂 If you need any assistance again or have other concerns, please feel free to open up a new thread, we’ll be more than happy to help you!

Cheers,

Juan

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Community Events vs. Events Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.