Choose a taxonomy term for Events Calendar Widget freezes WordPress admin

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Choose a taxonomy term for Events Calendar Widget freezes WordPress admin

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Clara Morris
    Participant

Hi there,

I am trying to insert the Events Calendar widget into a sidebar on our site. I need to filter down to a single event category for this widget. When I try to do so via ‘Select a taxonomy term’, the admin hangs for a long time while attempting to open the list of taxonomy term options. When it finally opens, the whole admin interface freezes and I am unable to proceed further. The list will not scroll – I cannot select an item – and eventually my browser notifies me that the page has crashed.

Can you please advise? We are attempting to launch a new page on our site, and the Events Calendar Widget is a vital component on that page.

We are otherwise experiencing no issues with the plugin – only these issues in the widget admin interface.

Thanks for your help.

Sarah

Clara Morris
    Participant

I am having the same issue with the Events List widget.

Clara Morris
    Participant

We are also experiencing a similar issue on our public community events form specifically with event tags, not categories.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Clara!

I’m sorry you are experiencing that issue. Let me help you with the troubleshooting.

First, Could you please share with us your system information by following this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/ ? We’ll see if there is anything strange that would indicate an error from there.

This can be related to a theme or plugin conflict, so to narrow the problem down please go through the steps provided in the testing for conflicts guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know what you find in the process.

If the issue persists after switching to a default theme and with only our plugins activated, then please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG. This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, try reproducing the issue a few times, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Finally, could you please see if there are any console errors by inspecting the page where you are having the issue with? We have an article that explains how to do that here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-google-chrome-developer-tools/

Please let us know about that.

Thanks,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Choose a taxonomy term for Events Calendar Widget freezes WordPress admin’ is closed to new replies.