Check in

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Luc
    Participant

Hi,
    I have some troubles understanding the check in process once I got my digital ticket with qr-code:

1. My event is in December, now we are in May: If I scan the qr-code now, I get checked it – why? It should be somethinge like ” This ticket is valid on 23 of Dec. you are now in May – your ticket is invalid”

If people can check in on the wrong day I`m running into troubles
      “The Ticket with ID 0 was checked in.” why do my tickets all have the ID 0 in the check in message although they do have a real ID on the ticket?
      What is the security code on the ticket exactly for?
      I have seen that I can delete the qr-code from my tickets with an extra plugin – the qr-code is not the problem but I need to customize my tickets in a different way – add some text to provide further information. How can I edit the ticket?

thank you

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Luc,

I’m happy to answer your questions. 🙂 I’m going to  respond in italics below:

• My event is in December, now we are in May: If I scan the qr-code now, I get checked it – why? It should be somethinge like ” This ticket is valid on 23 of Dec. you are now in May – your ticket is invalid”
      If people can check in on the wrong day I`m running into troubles
      The QR code function is designed for you to check them in by scanning it on the day of. It’s similar to how concert tickets work.
    • “The Ticket with ID 0 was checked in.” why do my tickets all have the ID 0 in the check in message although they do have a real ID on the ticket?
      I’m going to have to do some testing on this. It may be a bug, or it may be an issue that I can help you troubleshoot.
    • What is the security code on the ticket exactly for?
      So, the security code and QR code are NOT the same thing, necessarily, but are related.

It’s like this:

• Each ticket has its own unique security code, which we offer so that folks can manage tickets and check-ins on their own if they’d like. Some people like to email their attendees lists and print them out for example…and so with security codes, you can check someones ticket at the door and make sure it’s not a fake ticket by matching the security code and such…

• The QR Code is an automated way of checking in, as described above. It uses the security code, but when scanned will automatically “check-in” the person.

• I have seen that I can delete the qr-code from my tickets with an extra plugin – the qr-code is not the problem but I need to customize my tickets in a different way – add some text to provide further information. How can I edit the ticket?
      I believe this free extension should take care of this functionality. While it won’t add it to the ticket, it will add some information to the order confirmation email.

I hope this helps you, please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Luc
    Participant

Hi Shelby,
    thanks for your help –
    actually it makes sense that “The QR code function is designed for you to check them in by scanning it on the day of.” so I`m fine with that – since we have no self-check in we will be fine.

I would like to make the “check-in-message” or the “already checked-in-message” with a green or a red background so that it sticks out better – could you pls provide me with the specific ccs-selectors to get hold of those 2 messages? Thanks

“The Ticket with ID 0 was checked in.” why do my tickets all have the ID 0 in the check in message although they do have a real ID on the ticket?
    I’m going to have to do some testing on this. It may be a bug, or it may be an issue that I can help you troubleshoot.

Ok, great what do you need for debugging – pls let me know

I still need ways to modify the ticket itself – any options on that? – since the client wants to put information on the ticket itself, which makes sense since the ticket is the only thing people are carrying around on the event itself.

thanks a lot

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Luc,

I’m still trying to replicate your error with the ID 0 tickets. Could you possibly set up a free ticket for an event on your site and send me a link so that I can “purchase” and test check in’s?

As for customizing the ticket, what kind of information would you like to put on it? We may have a solution, depending on what types of information is needed. 🙂

Let me know!

Best,

Shelby

Luc
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Luc
    Participant

This reply is private.

Shelby
    Participant

This reply is private.

Luc
    Participant

Hi Shelby,
    thanks for your help – the “ID 0” happens when you scan it with smartphone pls see attached file. Thanks

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Luc,

After checking into it, I’ve found a bug ticket associated with this issue. I’m going to associate your thread with the ticket as well, and bump the priority. If you’d like an intermediate solution, you can check out this user’s work around that he posted in relation to this bug. 🙂

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification about any of this!

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Luc
    Participant

Hi Shelby,
    not exactly clear where you see my bug related to the bug discussed in the thread.
    Pls make it clearer what is going on and how to fix it – thanks

Also still waiting for the answers for “how to customize the ticket with additional information” and “what are the css selectors for the messages in the wp-back end”.

I expect a bit more from “support” than just guessing and leaving out difficult questions

Barry

Hi Luc,

I apologize first of all for the delay in responding. Unfortunately, this fell through the cracks and I’m sorry to have left you waiting.

One of the things I notice is that you appear to be using WPML: at this time, this is not officially supported by Event Tickets or Event Tickets Plus and a range of side effects/problems can occur when trying to use tickets in a multi-language installation that utilizes WPML specifically.

My suspicion is that WPML relates directly to this issue; it’s also a problem we’ve been unable to reliably replicate ourselves, further suggesting that something specific to your installation is behind the problem.

I noticed that, when you first opened this topic, you indicated having performed basic troubleshooting steps including deactivating other plugins and switching to a default theme. Can you confirm the outcome of this testing? With nothing else but our own plugins running, were you still able to replicate this problem (and – importantly – were you able to test with a fresh event and fresh set of tickets when doing this)?

Thanks!

Luc
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

This reply is private.

Nico

Hey,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 26th June 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue ?

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-26th-june-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘Check in’ is closed to new replies.