Custom field values for attendees not saved to cart

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Custom field values for attendees not saved to cart

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Andras.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Andras
    Participant

Hi,

we are building a new version of our web site using your plugins Event Calendar and Event Tickets, and recently (in early Februari) decided to upgrade to their Plus/Pro versions to support custom attendee fields and WooCommerce-based paid tickets handling. Around that time WordPress was upgraded to v4.7.2, but we are not sure exactly what date.

It worked until some time in mid Februari when saving attendee fields for WooCommerce-based tickets just stopped working. This completely stops our development and tests. I have seen other developers/users report the same problem to you for at least a month here on your support forums, and we eagerly await a solution from you.

Some more details we have found about the problem to help you:

• Attendee field values not saved for any WooCommerce-based tickets when placing orders.
    • Attendee field values saved correctly for RSVPs.
    • After entering values for a ticket with a couple of custom fields and pressing the Add to Cart button, arriving at the cart page the woocommerce_session table for the current session contains correct values for attendee_optout and product_id, but no other attendee fields are present. Looking at the request data posted to the cart page, we can see all custom attendee fields posted with correct values, like “Content-Disposition: form-data; name=”tribe-tickets-meta[344][1][name]” (first attendee field “name” for the ticket ID 344, all correct) followed by the correct entered field values. After this, the attendee information “disappears”/is not handled.
    • The ticket and attendees are saved, but with no custom field values. When the user edits the ticket attendee information using the “My Tickets” button on the event page, all fields are correctly saved.
    • Installed: WordPress v4.7.2, WooCommerce v2.6.14, Event Calendar + Pro v 4.4.2, Event Tickets + Plus v 4.4.2, and a few other plugins.
    • Our site is hosted on MissHosting.com, a Swedish web hotel, using cPanel 62.0.15 and PHP v5.6.30. We can send more detailed info on your request.
    Andras
    Keymaster

Szia András! 😉

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

I’m really sorry about this issue you are experiencing with the attendee meta fields.

We have seen reports of a similar issue and we are investigating it. The details you sent are amazing and will help us hunt down the source of this issue so we can eliminate it. Thank you for this, much appreciated!

As an extra I would kindly like to ask you to share with me your system information as well. Here’s a nice guide on how you can do that.

Kösz és üdv,
    Andras

Ui: Magyarul is kommunikálhatnánk, de mivel úgy néz ki, hogy egy hibáról van szó, és a csapatban csak én beszélek magyarul, ezért inkább maradjunk az angolnál, hogy a többiek is megértsék, ha belenéznek a topicba az információk miatt. 🙂 Köszi!

Andras
    Participant

Szia András!

Nice to see your answer in Hungarian! I think it´s better to use English so all others reading this may also understand. Also, I would have a hard time trying to describe the following in Hungarian.

So, I investigated the issue with missing attendee information with WooCommerce-based tickets, and found that this seems to be dependent on the general setting for when to generate tickets. When enabled for the “immediate” or “pending” order statuses, the meta key “_tribe_tickets_meta” is not saved at all for the order (including attendee fields) after payment is made, and as a result, not to the tickets either (when created in Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Commerce__WooCommerce__Main::generate_tickets()).

When tickets are generated from the “processing”, “on-hold” or “completed” statuses, the custom field meta information is saved to the order as it should, and tickets are generated correctly with all custom fields.

While checking for this, I found another issue in the generate_tickets() function for WooCommerce tickets. When using a payment plugin (DIBS for WooCommerce in this case) to make a payment, the generate_ticket() generates tickets with an incorrect user_id meta value of 0 (the tribe_wooticket post also has a post_author of 0), and as a result, the user cannot see his/her tickets on the order_tickets page (which is based on a user_id filter to get all orders/attendees).

I seems that when some callbacks are received from payment gateways there is no current/logged-in user, hence the value 0. In the generate_tickets() function on row 645 the call

$this->record_attendee_user_id($attendee_id)

will get the current logged-in user and set user_id to 0 for each ticket. I changed this call to

$this->record_attendee_user_id($attendee_id, $order->customer_user)

to always connect the attendee/ticket to the order purchaser user. This should be logical and seems to work correctly. The logged-in user can now see all his/her tickets.

Many technical details, but I hope this will help you!

Seeing forward to Event Tickets Plus v4.4.3! 🙂

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey,

Sorry for the long break, I had a little accident and had to be off screen.

Thanks for all the details you shared! That will help our devs get a proper fix for this, they are already working on it. If all goes well, the fix for the attendee meta will come with the next MR in a week or two.

As for the payment gateway issue, I’ll need to do some investigation.

Cheers,
    Andras

George
    Participant

Hello!

I wanted to post a quick note here that we have published a new Maintenance Release today that should address some of the problems with the Attendee Information reported in this thread.

You can read about the details of this release here → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-4-event-tickets-4-4-4-premium-add-ons/

I hope this update helps!

If issues persist, open a new thread in the forums and be sure to include your site’s complete, un-edited “System Information” as per the instructions in this knowledgebase guide.

Cheers,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Custom field values for attendees not saved to cart’ is closed to new replies.