Changing Week View to 15 minute Interval

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Changing Week View to 15 minute Interval

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brian Walters
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m trying to find a way to change the Week view to a 15 minute interval in hopes that my schedule won’t appear to overlap when it really doesn’t.

As an added bonus, I’d like to hide empty hours to condense the view…. i.e. if there’s nothing before 5am, hide those rows. If there’s nothing between 1PM and 5PM, hide those rows

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Thanks for reaching out! We actually have an internal ticket open to address the issue with events overlapping in week view, and I just checked the status – it looks like it should be making it into an upcoming release here soon. I linked this thread to our internal ticket, so you’ll be notified here when it’s out!

For the time being, I do want to point out that per our forum guidelines, we are limited in the amount of support that we can provide for customizations (which would be required for changing to a 15 minute interval as well as hiding hours). I would recommend taking a look at our themer’s guide, which has some great info on customizing our plugins. The template found at wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/week/loop-grid-hourly.php would be a good starting point! Our functions list would also be helpful, especially with hiding hours if there are no events.

We do also have a list of recommended developers if you’d like to get help with the code. I hope that helps, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Brian Walters
    Participant

Thanks Jennifer for letting me know about the internal ticket. That is helpful.

I have to say the “support” otherwise isn’t much. I’ve reviewed the Themer’s guide as well as the Functions list. Both don’t seem to actually give much information. In fact I found more info, faster with ‘grep -R’ from the command line. None the less, it’s my fault for not reading the “What support is provided for license holders?” page before purchasing. At least the plugin code is visible and extendable.

I look forward to the overlap fix. Thank you

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

No problem, and I understand where you’re coming from. We try to help as much as possible with customizations, but unfortunately we usually don’t have the resources to write them out here in the forums. If the change is something we can write out fairly quickly, we may be able to create snippets for users to add in to their themes. Otherwise, we are more than happy to answer questions and help point you in the right direction!

If you do start on this and get stuck, please let us know, and we’ll give you some recommendations! I’d also like to point out our extensions (some of which I believe started as customization requests from users in the forums). I don’t see anything in there now that does what you are looking for here, but it may be helpful down the road, even as a starting point to build out a more robust customization.

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release is out containing an improvement to help customers customize week view. Specifically when there are more than two events running on the same day. Please note this is not an ‘automatic’ fix, we just added some classes to make things easier to customize. We took this decision as there was no simple way of fitting 3 or more events in the week view grid as it’s designed right now. As this is not a widespread issue among our customer base it didn’t made sense to think in a re-design / re-estructure of how events are displayed in week view.

Basically when events run in the same time a CSS class like tribe-event-shared-start-time-1 and tribe-event-shared-start-time-2 is added.. These Classes identify If this event is the first, second, etc event to start on a given time. This allows to easily hide the events that don’t fit in there (third, fourth, etc) or apply a custom rule to adjust the display.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-21-august-2017/

Best,
    Nico

Brian Walters
    Participant

Thanks Nico, I’ll check that out, it might help.

The only reason I’m having overlap is because the grid is 30 minute increments and I have events starting/ending in :15 and :45 of the hour.

I was also having problems with limiting the hours on the calendar until I figured out how the add_filter works…. thought I’d share my code for that just in case anyone hasn’t figured out what to add to their function.php file

// Limit the Calendar hours to 5 - 20, instead of 0 - 23
    function limit_calendar_hours($hours) {
      foreach ($hours as $hour => $formatted) {
            if (4 < $hour and $hour < 21) {
                    $limited_hours[$hour]=$formatted;
            }
      }
      return $limited_hours;
    }
    add_filter('tribe_events_week_get_hours', 'limit_calendar_hours');
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by Brian Walters.
    Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

I’m glad you were able to get it figured out, and thanks for sharing your solution here!

Let me know if the maintenance release helps and if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Brian Walters
    Participant

The maintenance release didn’t help with my overlap problem. I started a new thread that better explains the problem.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/extending-tribe-events-week-js/

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

I’m sorry the maintenance release didn’t help! I’ll go ahead and close this thread out, and we’ll follow up with you over in the new one.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing Week View to 15 minute Interval’ is closed to new replies.