Changing META data on event page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Changing META data on event page

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    TEME
    Participant

We have an event which is free. However, when this event is displayed, its META data displays “Pris: ” (see screendump) and then nothing.

I have searched high and low to find out where this text is being output. Can you help me out with regards to changing this?

Regards,

Teme

TEME
    Participant

Same question goes for the top part of the page where it states “Gratis” without CSS to hide the line.

Where can I add CSS in order to hide it?

Regards,

Teme

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Teme,

Thanks for using Events Calendar PRO! Let me try to help you fix those.

In the event do you have zero (0) set up as the price for the event? It looks like that, and the field is hidden with some CSS.

Solution: if you don’t put in any number for the price, you just leave the field empty, then the whole price section will be hidden, as you want it.

(If you put in 0, then it will show Gratis. If you put in any other number, it will show up as the price of the ticket.)

That should also fix your second question. The ” | Gratis ” only shows up, when you put zero (0) as the ticket price. If you leave the field empty, that will also disappear.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

Cheers,
    Andras

TEME
    Participant

I am only using the RSVP version which is why the event is free. I cannot see any fields with pricing? Are my eyes playing tricks with me?

Regards,

Teme

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Teme,

Might be your eyes are playing tricks. 🙂

When you edit an event, there is a section below ‘Event Website’. It is called ‘Event Cost’. Here’s a screenshot on how it looks.

Cloudup darytgf31mu

Check and let me know if it works out.

Cheers,
    Andras

TEME
    Participant

Hi Andreas,

I have no such field on my web page – see attached screen dump.

Regards,

Teme

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Teme,

Could you share with me your system information, please? Here’s a guide for that.

Also, please follow this guide to rule out any conflicting plugins / themes and make sure you are using the most recent versions of all Modern Tribe plugins.

The ‘Event Cost’ section should be visible when you create a new event or edit an old one, even without the PRO version of the plugin. Just like this:

Cloudup mx41mrumlni

I’ll be waiting for your answer.

Cheers,
    Andras

TEME
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Teme, thanks for getting back to me with the sys info. That definitely sheds a new light on things.

You don’t see that section because you are using the Event Tickets plugin as well, which I didn’t realize before.

You have an RSVP set up, that is why the “Pris: Gratis” appears. And part of that is hidden with some CSS code.

Here is what could work to achieve the result you are looking for. Add the following to your theme’s style.css file:

.tribe-events-meta-group-details dl dt:nth-of-type(3) {
    display: none;
    }
    .tribe-events-single .tribe-events-divider, .tribe-events-single .tribe-events-cost {
    display: none !important;
    }

This piece of CSS should hide all the elements that you would like to hide.

This should solve your issue. Please get back to me on the result.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Teme,

I see the solution worked out well.

I am going to go ahead and close this ticket, but if you need help on this or something else please post a new one. We’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you are happy with Modern Tribe’s products and support, we would be really happy if you could leave us a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Changing META data on event page’ is closed to new replies.