Changes in events do net fetched

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Changes in events do net fetched

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

I’ve set a scheduled import for this calendar: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/ical/b2qodkb0gtpk78p5d6frk17p9k%40group.calendar.google.com/private-4d989086fab31c950ba874ccb120807c/basic.ics

When I change an event in my google calendar, like edit the name or location, the changes are not imported by the iCal Importer. When I change the time of an event it gets imported as a new one (without deleting the old one).

Is this a bug or does the iCal Importer not recognize modified or deleted events?

Cliff

Hi Matthias.

I downloaded that .ics file and opened it in a text editor.

Our iCal Importer plugin stores/detects according to each event’s UID. You can see an example here: https://cl.ly/0n3G272i1x1A

It could be that, if you change the event in a certain way, this UID could get altered. Please play around and test that and let me know what you find out and we’ll go from there.

Thank you.

wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve changed several details of events and observed the following behaviour:

– If I change the event’s title (summary) OR end time the UID stays the same, iCal Importer does not alter the event
    – If I change the event’s start time the UID stays the same, iCal Importer imports it as a new event and keeps the old one
    – If a delete an event, iCal importer does not remove it

Thanks for help.

Cliff

Thanks for the extra testing. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to TwentySixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any PHP errors you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts mode).

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Matthias,

The code snippet you shared is still current.

Is there anything that updates when you make changes at Google Calendar after initially importing it into WordPress?

wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

A changed title or end time of an altered event gets updated, a changed start time or deleted events don’t.

Cliff

Thanks for these details.

Our importer is not a 2-way sync and deleting an event from your WP after it’s been imported would probably fall in the “sync” realm of functionality.

However, if the event’s start time changes at Google but does not update in WP, that would be a bug.

Is this consistent for all events or just one or a few?

wigwamlocker_3000
    Participant

It is consistent for all events.

Cliff

Matthias, thanks for confirming.

Are you signed up as a beta tester for Event Aggregator?

It has gone through extensive upgrades and testing and should be released within the next month or so. I confirmed there are no know issues with start time, end time, or event titles not updating WP, like you’re experiencing, so you might want to try it out.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Changes in events do net fetched’ is closed to new replies.