Categories

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    copoloff
    Participant

Hi, Is there some kind of search for events by category? Or some way to distinguish events that are in different categories? my client use to have a calendar where each category had a different color so it was visually easy to see events you might be interested in by the color they were.

Is there a way to put a small line between events on the same day? they don’t actually look like separate events when there are more than one.

The event title is spaced really weirdly in that there’s a huge gap between lines if the title goes on more than one line. how can i tighten that up.

Cliff

Hi. There’s https://wordpress.org/plugins/the-events-calendar-category-colors/ (third-party, not guaranteed or supported by us)

Plus, our Filter Bar add-on allows users to filter by categories and many other things on the front-end calendar views (but not the widgets or shortcodes).

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

copoloff
    Participant

Hi, great lead on the category color plugin, just what i needed. It’s a little frustrating that everything i need is an extra plugin. SOme of my initial questions weren’t answered.

is there a way to tighten up the spacing on the events http://www.copoloff.com/calendar-2/, the line spacing is really tall. Also is there a way to seperate events on the same day? right now they blend into each other, hard to tell that there are two events, it just looks like one event

My client also wants people to be able to register for events. No payment, just register. Will your https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-event-tickets-plus/ plugin do that?

Cliff

1)

For the line spacing issue, at first look I didn’t see anything majorly wrong with it, but you could try wp-admin > Events > Settings > Display tab > “Default stylesheet used for events templates” and/or “Events Template” options

Additionally, the styling might be coming from your theme.

2)

Yes, the free Event Tickets handles RSVPs. Event Tickets Plus enables you to sell tickets via one of our supported eCommerce platforms.

If your tickets will be free, you don’t need QR code check-ins, and you don’t need to collect additional information other than name and email address, you likely could just use the free/core Event Tickets plugin.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

copoloff
    Participant

Hi, i’ve tried all three styles and nothing helps. The big spacing is there in each of the style choices, and there’s no separation of events on the same day. Is there no css you can provide me to help with the display? The demo shows a line, but The gap or line between events is most important,

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by copoloff.
    copoloff
    Participant

Also i’m trying the events ticket free version, and for some reason the ticket never gets saved. I add it, save it and then save the page but it doesn’t show up on the page, and when i go back to the event, it hasn’t been saved. ANy idea what might be happening?

Cliff

Ah ha. I see the problem, which I confirmed on my own localhost testing site.

This is the CSS that’s adding the border at wpshindig.com’s Month View:

.events-archive.events-gridview #tribe-events-content table .type-tribe_events {
    border-bottom: 1px solid #e0e0e0;
    }

The issue is that this CSS selector does not apply when using the tribe_events shortcode, which it looks like your link is using.

I marked this thread as Pending Fix, which means it should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

===

In our forums we keep our threads focused on just one issue at a time to ensure we fully answer each of your questions/issues. Please keep this in mind for the future and start a new thread at https://wordpress.org/support/plugin/event-tickets for your additional questions from this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

FYI: I’d guess there’s a console error at your site, possibly regarding admin-ajax.php
    (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

It may also help to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release is out, including a fix for this issue.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-12-feburary-2018/

Update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Cheers,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Categories’ is closed to new replies.