capacity with free events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions capacity with free events

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Bob Hesketh

I have a client that requires the following features of an event management system:
    – single or recurring events
    – registration for event without need to create website account
    – option to register to website and have event management system autofill info from website registration
    – seating capacity on a per event basis (with countdown showing remaining seats); for recurring events, the capacity may need to change with the instance (this feature is not essential but I want to know if it is offered)
    – no charge for events (client is a non-profit)
    – other standard features I know are offered by the Events Calendar

I went through the forum entries but couldn’t be sure if the combination of requirements listed above are possible with the Events Calendar Pro.

Thanks, Bob

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Bob,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

I’ll take your requirements one at a time…

– single or recurring events

Events Calendar Pro will let you create single or recurring events.

– registration for event without need to create website account

With Event Tickets (free RSVPs) or Event Tickets Plus (paid tickets), you have the option to require users to be logged in to reserve/purchase tickets, but you can also allow users to get tickets without an account.

– option to register to website and have event management system autofill info from website registration

This would involve a customization, but it could be accomplished via a template override. This post should help get you started if you’d like to make this customization.

– seating capacity on a per event basis (with countdown showing remaining seats); for recurring events, the capacity may need to change with the instance (this feature is not essential but I want to know if it is offered)

Since you can add multiple tickets (RSVP, paid, or a combination of both) to an event, you can create a ticket for each section and set a cap of available tickets for each section. By default, the number of remaining tickets will display on the front end underneath each ticket. We have some more information on setting that up here.

Recurring events are a feature of Events Calendar Pro. They do technically do support tickets, but at the moment the functionality there is a bit limited. A ticket added to a recurring event will be the exact same ticket on every event in the series. For example, if a user tried to buy tickets to two separate events in a series, they would get one ticket in their cart with a quantity of two – not two separate tickets with separate dates. We are currently working on expanding out this functionality, but unfortunately I do not have a timeframe as to when this will be implemented.

– no charge for events (client is a non-profit)

Absolutely! You can create free RSVP-style tickets with Event Tickets, our free ticketing plugin, or you can also create free tickets with Event Tickets Plus just by setting the price to 0.

– other standard features I know are offered by the Events Calendar

In addition to recurring events, some other features that come with Events Calendar Pro include shortcodes, additional views calendar views (map, photo, and week), additional fields to customize your event data, and more.

Plus, purchasing a license for any of our premium plugins gets you access to premium support in our forums.

Feel free to give the plugins a test run and see if they’ll work for you! We offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase if you’re not satisfied with the products.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘capacity with free events’ is closed to new replies.