Can´t use community events since update

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Can´t use community events since update

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Stephan
    Participant

Hi guys,

since the last update the community event plugin stopped working as it should.

The problems:

1.) The “submit event” button appears only half and when you click it as a not logged in user – nothing happens

2.) When i´m logged in as an admin i get the following error codes (excerpt)

Warning: stripos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/htdocs/w0116cf8/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/shortcodes/class.filter-embedded-html-objects.php on line 92

Warning: stripos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/htdocs/w0116cf8/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/shortcodes/class.filter-embedded-html-objects.php on line 98

Warning: stripos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/htdocs/w0116cf8/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/shortcodes/class.filter-embedded-html-objects.php on line 92

Warning: stripos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /www/htdocs/w0116cf8/wp-content/plugins/jetpack/modules/shortcodes/class.filter-embedded-html-objects.php on line 98

……

It seems that there´s conflict with jetpack which wasn´t there before the update. (I need Jetpack – can´t turn it off)

3. For my users there is right now no possibility to submit any event. As described the “Submit” Button is only half visible and does not react on any click
    In mobile view the venue and organizer pickers can´t be used because they are outside visible area….

I just renewed my licence for the community plugin – Please help me and bring it back working.

Greez

Stephan

Cliff

Hi, Stephan. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

This isn’t currently a known issue with our plugins–and those messages refer to the Jetpack plugin–so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Sixteen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see while changing tickets quantity, navigating your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and any other of your site’s pages relevant to this ticket.

Then, please re-share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode). That will give me a lot of extra information to help diagnose the problem.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Stephan
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

All Plugins and everything else is on the latest version.

I found the problem(s)

The error appears beacuse of the Jetpack-Function “Shortcode embeds” – When i deactivate it the problem is gone.

The not responding “Submit event”-button can be solved by deactivating the reCAPTCHA API keys. Disabling the anti-spam-feature everything works fine. But without this I get tons of Spam.

I can live without the described Jetpack-Function, but not without the Anti-Spam-Function.

Both problems didn´t exist with the previous version of Community Events.

Please provide a solution for that.

I switched to Twenty Sixteen and disabled all custom code and other plugins – the above described problems still exists. Using WP_Debug and the chrome console ist to complicated for me – I wasnt able to do that. Sorry.

Best wishes

Stephan

Cliff

Thanks for your effort figuring this out.

Are the WP_DEBUG messages only happening when on the Community Events form or on every page of your site?

Is a Jetpack Shortcode Embed on your Community Events form page?

Out of curiosity, must you have Anonymous Submissions enabled for your Community Events form?

Stephan
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

no the debug-messages are just happening after pressing the submit button on the community events page. There is no embedded shortcode on this page.

The “Anonymous Submissions”-function is important for me and was desicive for choosing Modern Tribe 🙂

Thank you for staying close – I´d really love to shortly reactivate recaptcha and jetpack shortcodes

Stephan
    Participant

just to make it clear

(recaptacha and jetpack shortcodes activated)–> Pressing submit button –> nothing happens / button not responding

(recaptcha deactivated / jetpack shortcodes activated) —> Pressing submit button –> debug errors

(recaptach and jetpack shortcodes deactivated) —> Pressing submit button –> works

Cliff

I was able to reproduce this issue and submitted this pull request to Jetpack’s code, which resolved the issue for me: https://github.com/Automattic/jetpack/pull/6157

You might want to implement the fix yourself in your copy of Jetpack since this functionality is so important to your site.

I hope this helps!

Stephan
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

thanks for your help – I´ll have a look at the provided code.

There are still two other problems, i could really need your expert help:

1.) With activated spam protection (reCAPTCHA API keys added) the “Submit event” button does not work – only when the keys are removed it works… (worked until last update)

2.) The appearance
    The new user event form looks much better than the old one, but there are still some problems.
    Please have a look at the attached screenshots. The event-description-form ist centered, the lettering of the submit-button only half visible and the venue/organizer dropdown in mobile view unreachable…

By the way: How can i accomplish that the “Submit Event”-Page is showing with my sidebar… at the moment it runs always in full width – mode. I can´t find the settings for that.

Thank your for your help

Manny greetings from Germany

Stephan

Cliff

It looks like your theme is conflicting with the styles from Community Events.

Please switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and see how things appear then.

If you have follow-up questions about appearance, please create a new/separate thread and include your questions, screenshots, links, etc. in that new thread. We like to keep each thread to a single topic.

Thanks.

Nico

Hi,

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.6 of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-pro-4-4-6-event-tickets-4-4-6-premium-add-ons/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Can´t use community events since update’ is closed to new replies.