Cant Upgrade from 4.2

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Cant Upgrade from 4.2

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Steve
    Participant

I recently purchased pro but noticed theres nowhere to enter the license code ie the tab in settings isnt there.
    Ive tried to update from 4.2 to the latest version but it just brings up a 500 error

Geoff B.

Good evening Steve and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the 500 error message you have been getting.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

To be able to upgrade the Events Calendar Pro, you actually need to download a completely separate add-on plugin first.

The following page will walk you through the process: http://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/new-user-primer-the-events-calendar-and-events-calendar-pro/

Once the plugin is installed and activated, you should have a place to input the Events Calendar Pro license key.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Steve
    Participant

Hi Geoff

Thank you for getting back to me

I tried all that but when it tried to upload it still came up with the 500 error code.
    I currently use the 4.2 version of the calender. I can delete that and it uploads again fine with no problems.
    Ive tried disabling all my other plugins and changed back to the original theme but it still gives the 500 error code when i try and upload the latest calender version.
    My current version of wordpress is 4.4.2

Any advice greatly received

Thank You
    Steve

Geoff B.

Good evening Steve,

I am sorry to hear that.

I believe you are on to something. It looks like there is something else at play here.

My best guess would be:

• A plugin upgrade glitch
    • A plugin version mismatch
    • A memory or timeout setting that require tweaking
    • An upgrade to WordPress being necessary (4.4.2 being over a year old) – before doing that you should consider testing it on a staging site.

Here is a more forceful suggestion:

1. Deactivate and delete both the Events Calendar (and the Events Calendar Pro if it’s still there) – this will not delete any event data
    2. Download the very last the Events Calendar version and install it as if it was new
    3. Activate the Events Calendar.
    4. Try installing the latest version of the Events Calendar Pro

If you can get things to at least step 3.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Steve
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Cant Upgrade from 4.2’ is closed to new replies.