Can't select from existing Eventbrite events

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Can't select from existing Eventbrite events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    David Plumstead
    Participant

I purchased Eventbrite events yesterday and went through the primer on getting everything set up. I created the app, set the URLs etc (copy and paste to as to not make any mistakes with to OAuth URL).

I created and published a test event in a new Eventbrite account. Originally it was Private and password protected (with the display private events option ticked) but when the “Select an Existing Event” option just kept spinning at the “Searching…” stage, I backed off the restrictions. Now it’s just a public event, and I still can’t pick it up from the Import Eventbrite Events side.

Any ideas?

David Plumstead
    Participant

Curious. I tried importing from the Event ID and I get

“We were unable to import your Eventbrite event. Please verify the event id and try again.”

Test event in question: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/dnssab-cs-test-event-tickets-46202693500

Hi Tyler,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I was able to import your event using the Event ID (46202693500).  Can you try again and see if that works for you?

Also, as a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

David Plumstead
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

I thought I’d give the setup a go on my live site to see if the (slightly) different setup there would behave any differently. No luck.

I noticed in the Chrome Dev Tools Console a bunch of js errors: https://www.screencast.com/t/ZcgnxFri

System info to follow.

David Plumstead
    Participant

This reply is private.

Okay, great.  Let me know how that goes and if you have any other questions along the way!

David Plumstead
    Participant

This reply is private.

David Plumstead
    Participant

This reply is private.

David Plumstead
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for providing all of that information.

Can you see if things work if you deactivate the Eventbrite Additional Options extension?

Also, does it work for you if you manually enter the Eventbrite Event ID?

Let me know!

Thanks,

Jaime

David Plumstead
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

While I had tried that initially (on Dev, on Friday), I didn’t do so yesterday as I figured if the one option wasn’t working…

I assumed incorrectly. I was just able to import the event using the event ID on the live site using a test event on our primary Evenbrite account. (Where not everything is up to date yet and all plugins are still active).

So… that’s finally a semblance of progress. Where does that leave us?

Hi Tyler,

I’m glad to hear that at least one of the options is working for you.  I cannot replicate the other issue that you are experiencing.

Can you please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG and share any debug messages you see?

Let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

David Plumstead
    Participant

This reply is private.

David Plumstead
    Participant

Interesting…

I flipped back to dev where I’m still running twentyseventeen and had all but the three of your plugins enabled and tried to import the same event id I just used a few hours back on Live. It didn’t work.

I was in a rush before a meeting and forgot to try deactivating the additional options plugin that you had suggested. So on dev, I disabled the additional options plugin and voila: It searched for, found, and I was able to select an existing event from the drop-down. I was also successfully able to import via ID.

So that’s curious.

The only settings I changed in that plugin were setting Eventbrite Local to en_CA as we use the .ca localized Eventbrite and I have checked “Display Tickets for Private Events.

I re-enabled the plugin and changed to en_US. It worked. So… something’s up with that plugin and the en_CA locality.

Just to be sure, I logged in with an incognito window and changed the setting to the US. It worked. I changed it back to en_CA and it sits there spinning. Problem identified!

What a wild goosechase!

Hi Tyler,

Glad we were able to find the root of the issue.  We do have a bug ticket logged for this issue, so I will set this thread’s status as “Pending fix” and link it to the report. This way, we will notify you once a fix is released.

We apologize for the inconvenience and we appreciate your patience while we work on this.

Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't select from existing Eventbrite events’ is closed to new replies.