Can't select from existing Eventbrite events

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Can't select from existing Eventbrite events

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    David Plumstead
    Participant

So, our live event is, well, supposed to go live today.

I just tried importing it as a private (but published) event from Eventbrite on our live site and it’s not going as planned.

• It has been set up as a registration event rather than tickets.
    • There are 5 ticket types

Other than that, it’s pretty much identical to my test setups.

The first clue I had that things weren’t going well was when it couldn’t pull events from my main Eventbrite account (again). I realized the Additional Options plugin was disabled as I had updated to the most recent 1.0.3 version just released a few days ago.

I was able to import using the event ID. It pulled in the featured image (side note: the featured image from the new modern Eventbrite layout comes in as the full image height rather than the cropped 2:1 image that displays on the Eventbrite page. In our case, that makes for one huge image on the event page) description, organizer and venue info.

It did NOT display the tickets on the page. Instead, we just see the “Powered by Eventbrite” branding beneath the meta.

https://www.screencast.com/t/j0Qi5MOYW

Hi Tyler,

A private Eventbrite event with tickets will only display with the Additional Options extension enabled.

Otherwise, only public ticketed events will display.  Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

David Plumstead
    Participant

Yes, I’m aware. I’m not sure what did it specifically, a lot was changing at once but I was able to import an updated version of the event with only two ticket types – and it worked (via ID, not via the integration).

I’m about to update TEC & Pro on our live site before we start publicizing the event.

Great, let me know if you have any other questions along the way!

David Plumstead
    Participant

Hi Jamie,

How often does the site attempt to sync with Eventbrite? If I make a change on an event’s description (on either end) how long do I have to wait for it to show up on the other end?

Hi Tyler,

Unfortunately, Eventbrite tickets does not currently support automatic syncing at this time.  We are currently working on improving this system for our users, and should have some new features released soon.

You can also vote on this idea in our Feature Requests, as we tend to implement ideas based on customer feedback, so your input is greatly appreciated:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/16858270-import-events-from-eventbrite-api

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Sky
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Just wanted to update you on the bug ticket for this. We are no longer able to reproduce this issue. It is likely that this was fixed in another release since the bug ticket was created.

Can you try updating all of our plugins to the latest versions and let us know if you are still experiencing the problem on your end?

Thanks,
    Sky

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't select from existing Eventbrite events’ is closed to new replies.