Can't import FB Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Can't import FB Events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Anne
    Participant

I am able to publish posts back and forth from my org’s FB page, but am not able to import my public events. Here’s one that I am trying:
    I get this error:
    The following errors have occurred:

Either the event with ID 415925005147110 does not exist, is marked as private on Facebook or we couldn’t reach the Facebook API
    Please note that as a result, no events were successfully imported.

Can you please help? Or give me suggestions for fixing? Also — does the FB Events importer work for Groups also or just for org/fan pages? Our group already has an established private group. Will I be able to interface with that or will we have to move to the public fan page?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Anne,

I was able to import the event just fine. I would suggest first trying to create a Facebook App ID: https://theeventscalendar.com/how-to-create-a-facebook-app-id/ – let me know whether or not that works.

Unfortunately no, our plugin does not support Facebook groups so you will need to a page.

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

Anne
    Participant

Yes, I have already created my Facebook App ID. I just created a second one using the specific steps in your document, plugged in the new app Id and secret id, and still get the same error.

Anne
    Participant

And I am able to publish posts to FB using my FB App ID and the plug-in Simple Facebook Connect. So not sure why the FB Events plug in won’t work.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Anne,

Sorry to hear you’re still having trouble with this. Can you confirm you’ve tried deactivating all other plugins and/or reverted to the Twenty Eleven theme to rule out any conflicts there? If that doesn’t solve it we should probably take a look at your server config next. What type of hosting are you on?

Thanks,
    Jonah

Anne
    Participant

Yes, I have tried deactivating all plug-ins and reverted to default Theme. The site is hosted on Windows Azure. Does the FB Events plug-in require https?

Anne
    Participant

Another clue perhaps:

When I try to go look at my DB via the Portable PMA plug-in, I see this error:
    Fatal error: Call to undefined function tribe_get_option() in C:\DWASFiles\Sites\wstri\VirtualDirectory0\site\wwwroot\wp-content\plugins\the-events-calendar\lib\tribe-presstrends.php on line 62

Barry

Anne: I’m just jumping in here as Jonah will not be around this week. Regarding that fatal error, where are you seeing it exactly – in a table in the database, or is Portable PMA failing with that error when you try to access it?

Anne
    Participant

Thanks for your post. I get the error when I try to access Portable PMA main page in the admin area. Even if I delete the Event Calendar and FB Events plug ins, I still get the error. I have tried deleting and reinstalling Event Calendar and FB Events with no luck. But this is a side issue. I guess I can use another DB plug in. What I really need to get working is the FB events importing. Thanks for your assistance!

Barry

Hi Anne … how confident are you in terms of playing with code? Do you think you’d be comfortable adding some lines to the core plugin code as part of the troubleshooting process or would you prefer that we do so directly (which would mean you’d need to provide access via (S)FTP or other means).

Anne
    Participant

Yeah, I can do that. Just let me know what and where ya want it put. 🙂

Barry

Hi Anne – so if you make the changes as directed here that would be great – they all relate to the Tribe_FB_Importer class found in the-events-calendar-facebook-importer/the-events-calendar-facebook-importer.php.

If you backup the original file so you can quickly restore it that would be a sensible precaution.

With those changes in place please visit the Import FB Events page – if (hopefully) there are events waiting to be imported (if there aren’t please create some) then you’ll see various bits of additional data displaying in the section headed Events from Facebook organizations(s) or page(s) you’ve added … ignore this!

Now, try to import an event or events and then look for similar output appearing at the top of the page (right at the top, above Import Facebook Events). If you could report back with a paste of that information that would be great.

If you need me to clarify anything please just ask. Thanks!

Anne
    Participant

Ok sounds good. I am traveling today so will try it tomorrow and report back. Thank you for your assistance!

Anne
    Participant

Here is what I received when I tried your suggestion:
    string(55) “https://graph.facebook.com/415925005147110?access_token”

The event I was importing was 415925005147110.

Barry

Thanks Anne. Just to confirm, there was no other output above Import Facebook Events besides that string (with the Facebook URL)?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't import FB Events’ is closed to new replies.