Can't Display More than One Ticket for Event

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can't Display More than One Ticket for Event

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    bibliofille
    Participant

I’m having issues using Event Tickets Plus with a custom post type.

I have a custom post type called Productions, and for some of them, we want to allow users to purchase tickets in advance. For one production, we’re offering a regular price admission and a student price admission. I want the two different tickets to appear. The available capacity for the entire event is 50.

So I added the two different ticket types (regular admission and student admission), saved the ticket, and updated the post. However, when I go to the front end of the page, only the regular admission option appears.

I’m attaching screenshots of what the backend setup looks like compared to the front end of the page.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi bibliofille,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums!

Sorry about this issue. Let me help you figure this one out. There are a couple of things we can look at.

1. Please check the start sale and end sale dates of the ticket that doesn’t show up. (screenshot) Is the ticket already / still on sale based on those dates?
    2. Switch to a default theme like twentyseventeen and check if you have the issue with that as well.

3. Please install our free The Events Calendar plugin and activate it. Create an event in the future and add 2 tickets to it, preferably with the same settings as to the custom post. Do both of the tickets show up for the event?

Let me know what you find and we’ll continue from there.

Cheers,
    Andras

bibliofille
    Participant

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. Finally getting back to this.

I tried installing the free Events Calendar plugin as you recommended and
    creating a test event scheduled in the future. However, as I was going to
    add tickets, and update the event, the site timed out .

It seems that’s where I get stuck, the plugin is timing out my site and is
    also creating duplicate events.

I went through and found a couple plugin conflicts, but the ones that are
    remaining are the ones I really need, so I really can’t get rid of any
    more.

What else can I do?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello again,

Thanks for reporting back.

Sorry to hear about the timeout. When does the timeout happen? When you try to create an event and you save it? Or when you try to add a ticket / RSVP?

Can you share with me who is your hosting provider and what package you have there?

Which are the plugins that are causing you a conflict?

Could you potentially share with me a full database dump and the contents of your wp-content folder in a zip file? (Through a cloud service would be easiest.) I could then fire it up on my computer and run some tests.

Andras

bibliofille
    Participant

I am trying to add tickets to my Productions Custom Post Type. I am able to add the ticket and save the ticket, but when I go to update the post, it takes a long time and then times out. I put my site in debug mode, and received an exceeded maximum execution time error.

I’m currently developing locally and using MAMP, PHP version 5.5.14.

Once it times out, I return to the previous screen, which shows all productions and find that another production has been created with the ticket type name.

For example, I have a Production called “In Stereo.” I go to the CPT editor screen and add a ticket, with a type called “Regular Admission” and set a price to $15, a capacity of 50 and enter start and end dates for purchasing tickets. I save the ticket and it works. I then go to save the post, and this is when it times out. Then I return to the previous screen and see that another post (Productions CPT) has been created called “Regular Admission.” This post has no content and does not display tickets.

I’m very confused as to how this is happening.

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Andras is out on company retreat so i will try and help.

You can also try reinstalling the plugins by following these instructions. If that doesn’t help, the next step in troubleshooting this is going to be testing for conflicts with your theme and other plugins (with WP_DEBUG enabled).

Go ahead and take a screenshot of any error messages you may get in the debug mode and send them here.

Thanks,
    Brendan

bibliofille
    Participant

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

This reply is private.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again,

We did not find any refund request from your email address.

How and when did you send it? Was it an email or through the official refund request form?

What is the order number you are asking a request for?

Thanks,
    Andras

bibliofille
    Participant

Hello. I submitted a refund request through the form, I think about a week ago. The order number is Order #1407996 .

Thanks,
    Debbie

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Debbie,

I processed the refund for you. You should see the money back on your account in a couple of days. Please let me know when it arrives so we can have closure on this.

Thanks!

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't Display More than One Ticket for Event’ is closed to new replies.