Can't add Additional Attendee Information

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Can't add Additional Attendee Information

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    xen
    Participant

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/problems-with-4-6-1-1-for-events-tickets-and-events-tickets-plus/

Hi Craig,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Also, would you mind explaining the issue that is occurring on your site?

Thanks,

Jaime

xen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Craig,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

With the way things have been revamped, the ticket field sets should be under Tickets > Attendee Information.  You can add field sets from there.  If you are not seeing this, would you mind taking a screenshot of what you see?

If you are not see this, as a first step, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

xen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Craig,

I apologize if I am misunderstanding your issue, but just to clarify, are you able to successfully add and use the Additional Information fieldsets?

You can create multi-line field sets by selecting that checkbox under the Label that you create in Attendee Information.  You can add multiple fieldsets to a ticket, which it looks like you are already doing.  You mention that you’d like to add 2 fieldsets to a record, which record are you referring to?  You can add an additional fieldset to capture information about the person booking the ticket, which you can do in the same place.

Additionally, you had linked to a thread that reported another issue, so I just want to make sure that your field sets are working, as the issue reported had field sets that were not working.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Can't add Additional Attendee Information’ is closed to new replies.