Cannot select venue in drop down

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Cannot select venue in drop down

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hello,

I cannot select a venue in the drop down menu, using Internet Explorer 11. Chrome works fine.

Thank you,
    Chris

Chris
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Hi, Chris. Sorry you’re experiencing this.

This isn’t currently a known issue so I’d suggest following these recommended troubleshooting steps for your own site:

There might be some new updates available. Could you please make sure all your Modern Tribe plugins (and WordPress core) are at their latest versions?

Once you verify you’re on the latest versions, please test to see if the issue is still happening for you.

If it is, please follow our Testing for Conflicts Guide (basically switch to Twenty Seventeen theme and deactivate all plugins and custom code other than Modern Tribe plugins) and see if that helps narrow down the cause of this.

Of course, we always recommend restorable database and file backups before modifying anything on your site.

If it doesn’t, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue and doing other things on your site relevant to this ticket (such as visiting your site’s home page, events page, single-event pages, and anything else you can think to do).

Then, please share your System Information (while in Testing for Conflicts Mode) in a Private Reply. That will give me a lot of extra information to help troubleshoot this.

You might also see if you can spot any console errors at your site. (If needed, you may reference our KB article Using Google Chrome Developer Tools.)

Let us know what you find out.

Thanks.

Chris
    Participant

It’s the same issue as this person was having https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/cannot-click-on-event-venue-and-organiser-drop-down-menu-items/

When I go to his site that he referenced http://www.visitporterin.com/events/community/add in Internet Explorer, I cannot choose a venue there either, it reverts to one of the other choices.

The code given as a fix .select2-drop { z-index: 10000 !important; } does not work for me.

Thanks,
    Chris

Cliff

Chris, does the CSS snippet here solve the issue for you as well?

Chris
    Participant

> .select2-drop { z-index: 10000 !important; }

No, that code does not correct the issue.

Thanks,
    Chris

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Chris!

Cliff asked me to jump in since I run Windows. I have the latest patches for Internet Explorer 11 running natively on Windows 10. When I go to http://www.visitporterin.com/events/community/add and click on Venue the drop down appears, and I can select any item properly. The same expected behavior is happening on my local install as well.

Are you running any addons in IE that might cause you experience to deviate from mine? What version of Windows are you running? Is it a VM?

Cheers!

– Brook

Chris
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

This reply is private.

Chris
    Participant

This reply is private.

Chris
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Chris, please share a screenshot of http://supportdetails.com/ from your browser experiencing these IE11 issues.

The email from wpshindig.com’s registration isn’t related to our forum reply email notifications; I’d suggest checking your spam/junk folder. You might also need to whitelist the wpshindig.com and theeventscalendar.com domains.

Chris
    Participant

This reply is private.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Chris,

Thank you for all your testing and sharing of information.

It was really bothering me that I could not reproduce this. I tried it a few more times, when I finally was able able to. It turns out if I select a value that appears above the default one in the dropdown list, it works. If I select one underneath, it doesn’t. Hence the discrepancy between your IE11 experience and mine.

This only happens when a default value is selected for the venue, only in IE11, and only if the other value selected is underneath the default.

The dropdown itself is powered by Select2. I found a bug reported to them. After watching the video I believe it to be the same issue, so I confirmed that I too was seeing this problem on a site. If you are already registered on Github, another comment on that issue saying you have the same problem might help communicate that this is something multiple people are experiencing.

For now I am going to leave it in their hands to come up with a fix. To be perfectly blunt, we have a backlog of bugs of our own that we are working to patch, and do not have time right now to patch ones in others libraries. When it does get patched in the “upstream” we can eventually integrate that fix into our plugins.

For now, the easiest workaround would be to have no default venue. Then the dropdown should work as expected, at least it has been thus far in my tests.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

– Brook

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot select venue in drop down’ is closed to new replies.