cannot activate license

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator cannot activate license

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bart
    Participant

hi, i don’t know how long this has been going on but we are receiving these messages as a banner in the WP-backend:

Your Event Aggregator Facebook token expired about 2 months ago.
    Renew your Event Aggregator Facebook token

question 1) if I click that link, nothing happens. Why?
    question 2) as far I can tell, our license did not expire. it’s valid until 2019. That’s what your site says and that’s what it says when I check the License tab: everything is green. What’s going on?
    question 3) To try and resolve this, I removed the license key and tried to re-add it, but then I get the message above. Why?
    question 4) I notice on the site we have a lot of other expired licenses we are not planning to renew. Can you remove them so we don’t get notifications about them?
    question 5) Can you change the expire date of the license as these problems have been going on for a while, we just didn’t notice because FB imports are broken anyway, and that’s all we use this add-on for.

Thanks for looking into his.

Courtney

Hey Bart

I’m so sorry you’re experiencing these issues. To deactivate license warnings from the other plugins, head over to Plugins > Installed and select “Deactivate” underneath the name of each. You are also free to continue using the plugins even without a license. However, the prompt to renew will remain if the plugin is active.

As for Facebook imports, I’m afraid that situation doesn’t look very good at this time.

Facebook recently announced a range of changes (https://newsroom.fb.com/news/2018/04/restricting-data-access) to their APIs (the protocols we use to ‘speak’ to their servers and retrieve event information) which are having an effect on a number of our users.

As part of this, a number of new restrictions were applied to their Events API, which is the specific protocol Event Aggregator uses in order to import events, organizers, and venues. These changes went live with little notice to providers such as ourselves. At this point, it does not seem possible to reliably import any events, even if you created and ‘own’ events on Facebook and have linked Event Aggregator to Facebook using those same credentials.

This is frustrating for you, and for developers like us.  As Facebook continues to alter what it allows us to access, we will continue to pursue a path forward for Event Aggregator to import Facebook events.  We will continue to keep https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/ea-fb-privacy-policy and https://theeventscalendar.com/event-aggregator-status/ updated as this unfolds.

You should still be able to get your Facebook connection between Event Aggregator and Facebook working, but I don’t foresee imports being restored soon.

Can you send me a screenshot of the license key error? I’d like to be sure I am following between the Facebook connection or our license server.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Bart
    Participant

I can’t replicate the error anymore. Now, it says “licence key updated” when I fill out the license key in Event Settings. It does not show up however. But at least the plugin seems to be reactivated.

Can we apply for a refund if Facebook functionality does not work anymore?

Courtney

Hey Bart

Yes, you can certainly apply for a refund. It’s just a matter of submitting a refund request form at https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/.

We are also happy to exchange the balance of time remaining on your license for another plugin if you’d like.

I’m glad that the license did reactivate for you.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Bart
    Participant

ok, thanks.

While the plugin license is now valid, there’s still this error all over our backend. How do we get rid of it?

Courtney

Hi Bart

You can click through that link about the Facebook token and should be able to reconnect that. Facebook links expire every few months and just need to be reauthorized.

Let me know if it works for you.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘cannot activate license’ is closed to new replies.