Can we ditch the default events list page and use a magazine blog post layout?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Can we ditch the default events list page and use a magazine blog post layout?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jasmine Andrews

Hi

My client has a page for displaying blog posts by category, like a magazine style layout. I built it with divi modules (site is built on divi to make it easier for them to update it by themselves).

https://plumtree.org.au/blog/

They’d like to clone this page and swap in the event categories instead of the blog categories, to give a better user experience and have styling consistency across the website.

They’ll be pulling in events from eventbrite.

Will this work? They’d also like to provide a date based list of events, and I assume this is via a widget we can pop into the sidebar?

Also, are the individual event pages automatically created as a page or is there code/shortcode i can drop into a divi page module?

Thanks
    Jasmine

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Jasmine,

Thanks for checking out our plugins!

I think your easiest solution would be to enable blog categories on events and create a specific category for events so that you can then just switch out the category on your cloned page. To display a list of events, we have several options. There are some widgets that you can use, and Events Calendar Pro comes with additional widgets and shortcodes that you can use to display the widget views or full calendar views anywhere on your site.

When you create a new event, an event page is automatically created for it, but we do have a shortcode with Pro that you can use to display whatever information you would like to include for a single event.

If you’d like to take Pro for a test run so you can see how it works with Divi, we do offer full refunds within 30 days of purchase, so feel free to do so! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Can we ditch the default events list page and use a magazine blog post layout?’ is closed to new replies.