Calendar View Problem and Google Import?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar View Problem and Google Import?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Brenden

Hello,

I just installed the ECP 2.0 and it seemed to go OK.. But the calendar view won’t show and all the titles and the such are messed up.
    http://www.mishkantefila.org/calendars/

Also, how do I import a Google Feed?

Hi Brenden,

Is this a new install or are you upgrading from a previous version? Have you tried reserving your permalinks?

I tried to check your link but it appears you have deactivated the plugin.

As for importing from google, our calendar produces ical / gcal format import files, but there is no out of the box way to grab someone else’s feed from google. You might be able to do it with one of the rss plugins, but since I haven’t tried to do that, I couldn’t give you a step by step.

Al

Hey Shane,

I think I am having the same problem as Brenden (first install, not updated).

Here’s a link: http://www.northamptontv.org/events/
    Also, if link fails to work for some reason a JPG: http://i.imgur.com/ROBKh.jpg

My goal of this is to make a calendar for everyone including non-registered members to add events to. I initially waited because I thought it was going to be in this release so Gravity forms would not be needed. Will there be an add-on or should I just try my luck with Gravity forms?

Thanks,

Jeromie
    [email protected]

Hi Jeromie,

You can use gravity forms for now. Community events, the plugin you mentioned is in the works and should come out towards the end of this year / early next year.

That is a super interesting issue. I see all your events, but both list and calendar view are showing the same output. Makes no sense off the cuff. So a couple things to explore:

1) Do you happen to have a folder called /events/ in your theme? That could be causing conflicts
    2) can you try some different template options in the settings? Either the default events template, page template or others: http://cl.ly/B4Ic.

See if that helps. If not, maybe we can poke at the code together and see what it going on.

Al

Hi Shane,

I updated my theme (couldn’t before because of an unknown timthumb error, but I got it working now) and it seems to be working now.

I must say though, I am disappointed that ECP 2.0 doesn’t include gravity forms built in like advertised by gravity forms (from GF website: http://i.imgur.com/xIWeM.png) . This is the reason I waited over a month for ECP 2.0 to come out (then another month after originally estimated). I am appreciative of the work that you guys do, but the communication and delivery of products needs much improvement.

Cheers,

Jeromie
    [email protected]

Hi Jeromie,

I’m glad you got your theme working and I’m sad that you are disappointed.

Where did you take that screenshot (url)? I’d love to get that fixed. We’ve been pretty darn careful with our feature claims.

As for timelines, yeah we missed our launch of Sept 20th by 2.5 weeks. While in the software world that isn’t much of a margin of error, I was still really hoping we could could nail it. While most people were really nice about it, a lot of people made plans that were disturbed. I think we have learned that in the future, while it might annoy more people not to have a date announced, we might just have to do like apple and be all secretive so people won’t feel like we didn’t keep our word.

We are working on functionality to allow front-end user submission which we called “community events” (https://theeventscalendar.com/shop/wordpress-community-events/). It is approaching beta and I would be happy to have your participate. As per the note above, I can’t give you any timeline, but it will be “soon”.

Rob

Hey Jerome. Thanks for the heads up; that screenshot you posted is actually not from Gravity Forms, but from Tim’s walkthrough (which he did independently). We don’t control the content of that site and never said the frontend event submission would be included from the offset.

That being said, I’m sure this was just an oversight on Tim’s end and we’ve dropped him a note requesting he make it a bit clearer. Note that our frontend submission we’re using will not be the exact same functionality as that Gravity Forms walkthrough and will differ visually, functionally, etc. We’ll announce more on that once we’ve made some more progress on the code.

Chris

Hey Guys,
    I just upgraded to the new 2.0 Pro version from 1.3 (love that we now have recurring events!) and am experiencing a similar issue. My events listing page can be found here:

http://stage.santarosawineyard.com/calendar/

The widget in the sidebar is looking a little wonky and when you scroll over an event it gets way weird. Also the Calendar view is basically just showing the widget with the same issues. I have the default view set to be the Events List now, but would prefer to have the Calendar.

When I deactivate both Calendar and Pro 2.0 and reactivate my Pro 1.3, there aren’t any issues with the view.

I do have a folder in my theme called /events/ (I’m using Theme Forest’s Alyeska with css customization) so I was hoping you could help me with where to go from here.

Thanks!

Rob

Hey Chris. Before attempting the template override procedure, it might make sense to check out the Settings –> The Events Calendar page and play around with the different templating options that are available on the dropdown there (a couple are built into ECP, and your theme will likely have a couple of its own). You may be able to get the integration down smooth just by moving to a different one of those.

I do see the issue with the sidebar widget as well. We’re making a few tweaks to how that calendar widget operates for 2.0.1 (which we’re working hard to get out ASAP), so I suspect that’ll solve your issue there.

Let me know about the theme settings and if you still need help from there, I can get a dev to take a look. Thanks!

Al

Hey guys, thanks for the clarification and prompt response. To specifically address how I was able to get ECP 2.0 working, I had to actually disable timthumb. I had tried everything on the support forums to try to amend the timthumb.php, but to no avail. It wasn’t really a big deal for me because I size my pictures according to theme specs anyways, but for some it might be a little more time intensive.

Chris

Thanks for checking it out Rob, I really appreciate the quick response. After running through the template options, the Default Events Template is still the closest to the they layout we need, but is still having the issues. If you could have a dev look at it that would be fantastic, that’s pretty much the last thing we need to wrap up. Hopefully that widget problem can get taken care of too, when it’s working right it looks fantastic so we really love having it in.

Thanks again for all the help guys!

Al

Hello Shane,

I would love to participate in a beta test of the community events add-on. In the meantime, is there any confirmation of people integrating GF with the ECP 2.0? I hesitate to buy it because the tutorial page explicitly says it will not work with ECP 2.0 I did not know if it was referring to solely that tutorial or the GF plug-in in general. I would love to setup either ASAP.

Cheers,

Jeromie

Chris

Hey there again, I actually just realized that the individual event pages are broken as well.

http://stage.santarosawineyard.com/event/live-broadcast-world-beaujolais-tasting/

They look a little better when I use the Full Width Page template in the Theme Options but still isn’t quite right. Thanks for checking it out.

Rob

@Chris: Thanks for the follow-up. Before I get the dev involved, are you familiar enough with development to do a template override? The process is detailed in the first question of the “Customization” section right here: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/faqs/. That help? Willing to give it a shot? If not, I can see what the dev would suggest. For the individual entry, the file you’d copy/modify is single.php; for the list view problem you initially noted, it’d be list.php. We introduced some widget-related issues with the 2.0 code but should have a patch to take care of that released in 2.0.1 later this week.

@Al
    : Some folks have successfully integrated GF with 2.0, but it’s by no means stable (per Tim’s note on the walkthrough) with 2.0. We are working on the community events plugin but likely won’t have a stable beta for another month or so. If you email me (rob at tri.be) this time next month, I’ll have a much better idea as to where we stand. Sorry I couldn’t offer up more in the immediate future.

Al

Hey Rob,

So we are thinking it may be best to downgrade our purchase from ECP 2.0 to the version confirmed to work with GF. Is there a way to downgrade our purchase and upgrade at a later time?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar View Problem and Google Import?’ is closed to new replies.