Calendar System Inquiry

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Calendar System Inquiry

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

Hey there,
    I stopped using this plugin a few months back and have returned hoping to achieve something.

Before we used this plugin for our small groups, but now we want to use the calendar for general church events. I was wondering if we could add recurring events that happen every month at the same time, and let our Facebook Page feed the calendar for dynamic content like random worship concerts, or conferences.

Is this possible with your plugin?

Caroline

Hi Michael,

Thanks for stopping by–great to see you again here on the forums! 🙂 If you’re looking to maintain a calendar with several recurring events and other scattered events pulled from a single Facebook page, it sounds like a combo of Events Calendar PRO and Event Aggregator might be a great fit! You’ll find the recurring event functionality that you need in PRO, and Event Aggregator supports scheduled imports from sources such as Facebook, making it easy to keep your calendar updated with external events.

It looks like you’ve worked with these two products before, but I’ll go ahead and leave their product pages linked here, just in case!

https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-events-calendar-pro/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/product/event-aggregator/

Let me know if you should have any specific questions about either of those or how they might work for your intended setup! 🙂 Cheers, and thanks again for reaching out!

Michael
    Participant

Oh great!
    The aggravator is a new feature that must have been released after I stopped using this plugin.

I did notice that once I reinstalled and activated the plugin, all of my events get a 404 error.
    Before I resubscribe to your services could you help me get things working. I am afraid that this problem is because I deleted the calendar from my server along with all of its assets and may have corrupted something. Not sure though, I checked the 404 error guide and none of the recommendations worked.

Caroline

Hi Michael,

I’m so sorry to hear that your events aren’t working after reinstalling our calendar plugin! Just to confirm, are you now working with the latest version of The Events Calendar on your site, or have you reinstalled an older version of Events Calendar PRO to test? If you’re using Events Calendar PRO, you may wish to try deactivating and seeing if your 404 errors resolve with just the free version of The Events Calendar.

If you’re still experiencing 404 errors after attempting the above, would you mind sharing a link to your calendar so that we can take a closer look?

Thank you!

Michael
    Participant

Deactivating my older version of pro showed no solution, but sure thing here is my link:
    https://www.gracestl.org/events/

Thanks again!

Caroline

Hi Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to test that for me with Events Calendar PRO disabled! At a glance, I’d suggest that this issue might be due to a conflict with your site’s theme, especially if you’ve switched themes in the time between your last use of the plugin. That said, our technical team over on our WordPress.org forums will be best equipped to help you with further troubleshooting!

Would you mind opening a new thread over on our WordPress.org support forums with some details on this issue and a rundown of any troubleshooting steps you’ve previously attempted? One of our team members will be on hand to assist as soon as possible!

http://wordpress.org/support/plugins/the-events-calendar

Thanks so much–we look forward to continuing the conversation there! 🙂

Michael
    Participant

Hmm I’ve been using the same theme long before I used the events calendar, do you know of any other issues it may be caused by?

Caroline

Hi Michael,

At this time, we aren’t aware of any outstanding issues that could cause this type of problem to occur on your site. You can always keep track of known issues with our plugins by following the latest updates to our Known Issues page:

https://theeventscalendar.com/known-issues/

Unfortunately, I’m afraid that I’m not able to assist with further site-specific troubleshooting here in our pre-sales forum. 🙁 I’d suggest going ahead and submitting a new post to our WordPress.org forum linked above, where one of our technical team members will be more than glad to continue the conversation.

Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon over on WordPress.org!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar System Inquiry’ is closed to new replies.