Calendar Not Showing On Page- Just Installed!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Not Showing On Page- Just Installed!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Phoebe
    Participant

I have just bought and downloaded Events Calendar Pro, and working with the X Theme which I read on another forum post was compatible with the Events Calendar plugins.

Unfortunately after I have inserted some “test” events – I follow the link to “View My Calendar” and the following image attached is the only thing that appears. The calendar widgets are working just fine.

Am I missing a key element in implementing the calendar into my website?

Hunter

Hi and thanks for choosing PRO!

Welcome to the forums 🙂

Our New User Primer is an excellent resource on how to properly install and set up the plugin.

If you’re still having troubles or need specific instruction, please feel free to respond with any questions. Thanks again for choosing PRO and enjoy your upcoming weekend!

Phoebe
    Participant

Hi Hunter- thanks for your reply. I have read the Primer and many of the forums concerning this bug. The closest thing I could find was in relation to the Genesis integration, listed here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/genesis-theme-framework-integration/ It shows the same plain text and requires added code into the child theme for the text to turn into the calendar.

However I am no expert on code, I could try to piecemeal together what was needed however Genesis is different than the X Theme I currently am using, and even though I am no expert I know there has to be another way to fix. I purchased X and Events Calendar as they were so user friendly, however this is quite the headache!

I got the advice for the X Theme here https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/can-you-suggest-the-best-theme-to-use-for-the-events-calendar-pro/ ad that it was integrating, however I do not know how to proceed. Please advise, thank you!

Hunter

Hi and welcome back,

While the X Theme is very popular, it is not actually “in line” with WordPress core standards, so we will unfortunately not be able to assist with theme conflicts. With that said, I’m still happy to try and help get the plugin set up properly.

Did you create a page with the same slug as what you’ve entered under Events > Settings > Events URL slug? If possible, provide the step-by-step process you did when installing and activating the plugin. Provide screenshots too 🙂

In the mean time, I’ll go do a test setup using our plugin and the X Theme and see if I notice any oddities. Report back with your findings and we’ll take it from there. Thanks again for the patience and willingness to work with me on the issue and have a happy Friday!

Hunter

I just spoke with a few other support team members and this was their advice. Let me know how it goes 🙂

X Theme Setting:
    Appearance > Customize > Blog > “Full Post Content on Index” Set to > On

The Events Calendar Settings:
    Events > Settings > Display Tab > “Events template” Set to > Default Events Template

Phoebe
    Participant

Thank you Hunter- the support here is greatly appreciated!

I understand the issue of all themes not being entirely compatible, just discouraging to hear other people have had success with it and what I could possibly be doing wrong here. There is no other page with a similar URL slug, under settings it is saved as /events from when its originally installed.

I deactivated the EC and all add ons (Facebook, EC Pro, Community Events, Filter Bar) and deleted EC from my plugins. I went ahead and downloaded it again, through the WP Plug-In Directory. Calendar still was not showing up, so I deactivated and deleted it again, and uploaded it via a .zip from my computer. Still just getting text instead of the translated coded calendar. From the beginning I followed every step-by-step instruction regarding plugin and installation.

I digged around in the .php files and noticed the tribe-autoload.php file was “inactive” and if this had any correlation to why its not loading?

Again much appreciated you trying to figure this out on your end.

Phoebe
    Participant

Did just as you said and it worked! Your team is amazing thank you so much again for taking the time. This plugin is already a life-saver for our business and having the support staff really is above and beyond. Thanks again.

Hunter

Hey Phoebe,

I’m so glad to hear you’ve finally got it set up and going properly! We also appreciate the kind words as we do our best to not only meet, but exceed our customer expectations 🙂

I’ll close this thread out but please feel free to open a new thread if anything else comes up. Have a good week and thanks again for choosing PRO!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Not Showing On Page- Just Installed!’ is closed to new replies.