Calendar listing all my posts and ignoring my events!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar listing all my posts and ignoring my events!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Christina
    Participant

Do you guys have an ETA on when there will be a fix for Canvas incompatibility?

Barry

I’m afraid not.

As per my last reply to Rob (above) I can’t actually replicate the problem with Canvas and so need further information to continue with the troubleshooting process.

Thanks!

callanwolde
    Participant

What further information do you need? I’m sure we would all be happy to help.

Christina
    Participant

Downgrading fixed it for me, unfortunately I lost some customizations, but all in all I’m glad things are working again.

Here’s some further information, Barry: CANVAS 5.0.13 is definitely incompatible with Events 3.0

Rob Kinnear
    Participant

This reply is private.

Rob Kinnear
    Participant

Just so everyone is aware I have sent my calendar settings over to Barry to have a look!

Barry

Thank you Rob – much appreciated. With the same settings in place however I still do not see this problem – I can load the main events page without any issue and the pagination works as expected.

So, the issue would seem to lie somewhere else. What I’m going to do at this point is involve a member of the development team. Please bear with us, however, as due to public holidays in the United States – where many of the team are based – there may be a short delay.

Barry

Hi all – can I ask you to conduct a further piece of troubleshooting:

* Leave Canvas activated
    * Deactivate all plugins except for The Events Calendar
    * Check if that solves the problem
    * If it does, reactivate everything one at a time, testing at each stage to see if the problem has returned
    * If the problem does return, note down the last plugin you reactivated

Although it seems like this relates strongly to Canvas (since reverting to Twenty Twelve would seem to fix this) I just want to make sure nothing else is impacting – as on an other wise “plain vanilla” installation with just our plugins and Canvas I am unable to replicate the problem.

Thanks for your help, patience and cooperation!

Charlie
    Participant

@Barry
    Have noticed that if you change the reading settings to show posts on the front page rather than using a static front page then you can get Canvas to work.

Charlie
    Participant

I think this is probably an issue with all Woo themes I have tried a few and get the same issue.
    I tried 2010,Genesis and an Elegant theme and no issues with these themes.

Barry

Hi Charlie – fantastic, thanks for figuring that out – I do believe that is the proverbial missing jigsaw piece. Now we’ve determined that, please bear with us while we see what we can do here.

jbalfour
    Participant

That fits me as well. I use a static front page with a woo enabled theme. Nice job.

Barry

Hi guys, thanks for your patience. One of the devs is looking into this and – hopefully – we’ll be pushing out a maintenance release to address points like this shortly. Stay tuned!

callanwolde
    Participant

Barry,

Any news yet on the WooThemes (Canvas for me) fix? I very much like the Calendar PRO features and want to use it on my site, which launches soon!

Barry

There is indeed!

Our developer Jessica suggests adding this snippet to your theme’s functions.php file.

Should you be unfamiliar with PHP it is important to note that the opening <?php tag (in that snippet) is not necessary – so long as you paste everything else after the existing <?php tag in your functions.php file you should be good.

Thanks!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar listing all my posts and ignoring my events!’ is closed to new replies.