Calendar listing all my posts and ignoring my events!

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar listing all my posts and ignoring my events!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Rob Kinnear
    Participant

After upgrading to the latest version, my events are all still there but seem to be being ignored by the calendar at /events/. When I go to my site’s calendar, I get a list of all my posts. If I then go to the second page, I get the correct calendar template but no events upcoming (http://www.ovalmedical.com/events/page/2/)! The only way I can get to the one upcoming event is through the following url: http://www.ovalmedical.com/events/upcoming/?action=tribe_list&tribe_paged=1
    Please help!

Rob Kinnear
    Participant

Ok – so does seem to be an incompatibility with WooThemes Canvas. I thought I was getting the same results with Twenty Twelve theme but on second look it looks like it’s ok – sorry! Anyone else had problems with the calendar and Canvas?

Rob Kinnear
    Participant

Ok – I managed to find a couple of other posts about issues with Canvas but my problem seems to be of a different nature – any help on this much appreciated!

Charlie
    Participant

Yes I have upgraded to a site running Canvas that doesn’t show the Cal for /events/

Barry

Hi Rob, hi Charlie.

Please accept our apologies first of all for the disruption and inconvenience this has caused. 3.0 is a major upgrade and introduces some great new stuff, however there are going to be some unforeseen issues like this one that we’ll need to work through.

Would either of you be able to share a recent copy of Canvas? If so, can you make it available as a downloadable .zip (whether via a service such as droplr.com or by uploading the zip file through your site’s media library) and share the link as a private message?

That would be greatly appreciated.

Rob Kinnear
    Participant

This reply is private.

callanwolde
    Participant

Same Canvas theme, same problem: No events listed at /events.

Also, the drop-down lists for the Default Content settings (organizer, state, venue, country) in the settings page are staying open. Very strange behavior.

Trying to launch this site in a week, so am looking for an immediate solution!

jbalfour
    Participant

I’m running a different theme, Food & Cook, and I am having the exact same problem with the /events/ page showing posts instead of events in 3.0. I have switched back to 2.11 for now, but wanted to report that it was happening to another theme as well.

callanwolde
    Participant

jbalfour, how did you switch back to the earlier version? I have a review meeting in an hour!

jbalfour
    Participant

I had just installed it the day before, so i had still had the old zip files. I deactivated and deleted 3.0 and installed from 2.11.

Barry

Thanks for the feedback all – we’re investigating this and will report back in due course.

Barry

Rob: I tried out the theme you sent across and, out of the box, there is no problem that I can see.

Can you confirm if there are any settings I need to know about, either in relation to the theme, our plugin or both? For instance, what is the value of Events > Display > Events Template?

It’s clearly a problem for quite a few folks so we’d love to get to the bottom of it, but it doesn’t seem to be a straightforward conflict at this point.

Christina
    Participant

I also am running Canvas and v3 did the same thing. I’m running an old version though – CANVAS 5.0.13

Christina
    Participant

Is there a link to download the old version of the plugin somewhere? I need to get these events up and running ASAP!

Barry
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar listing all my posts and ignoring my events!’ is closed to new replies.