Calendar Disappeared

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar Disappeared

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Kim Borchert
    Participant

My Calendar disappeared this morning. I have an option to Install it, but when I try, nothing happens. Is there a bug or something going on with Events Calendar PRO?

Kim Borchert
    Participant

I am still waiting to hear about this. It is really frustrating to have my entire calendar disappear and have no one respond.

This is what I get when I try to reinstall it;

Installing Plugin: The Events Calendar 4.6.11.1
    To begin using Events Calendar PRO, please install the latest version of The Events Calendar.
    Downloading installation package from https://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/the-events-calendar.4.6.11.1.zip…

Unpacking the package…

Installing the plugin…

Destination folder already exists. /home/wholemot/public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/

Plugin installation failed.

Return to Plugin Installer

Kim Borchert
    Participant

Hello?? Can anyone help me???

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Kim,

I’m sorry for the delayed response – can you first check to see if it’s appearing under the Plugins section of your Dashboard? If so, it may just need to be reactivated. If not or if it is already activated, can you try uploading the latest version manually by following these instructions? You may need to remove the existing version first.

Please let me know if this works for you!

Kim Borchert
    Participant

It is already activated. When I try to install it, I get the message I posted above. Should I still try to manually install it?

Is there a known bug that wipes out the calendar when WP is updated? That is what happened. I updated WP to the latest edition and my calendar completely disappeared.

I have deactivated it and tried to reinstall it and I get this message;
    Installation failed: Destination folder already exists.

Kim Borchert
    Participant

Ok, I just did exactly what you said to do and it still isn’t working. This is the message I am getting; To begin using Events Calendar PRO, please install the latest version of The Events Calendar.

When I click on that and hit the “Install” button, nothing happens.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Kim,

Thanks for following up…I am not aware of any current issues with WordPress 4.9.4. To reinstall, you would need to first deactivate and delete the existing plugin.

Can you give that a try and let me know how it goes? If reinstalling the current version (4.6.11.1) doesn’t get rid of the message, can you please share your system info with me?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Kim Borchert
    Participant

I deactivated it and removed the plugin. I tried to reinstall it and continued to have problems. I don’t have Events even in my dashboard (it completely disappeared on Saturday, so according to those instructions, I can’t share my system information with you.

Kim Borchert
    Participant

Do you have any other thoughts as to what could have happened?

Kim Borchert
    Participant

Here is a copy of what my dashboard looks like.

Kim Borchert
    Participant

And this is what I get when I try to reinstall it.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Thanks for sending those screenshots Kim. Can you try deactivating Events Calendar Pro and see if you are then able to activate (and update) The Events Calendar? If not, then please try removing both plugins and and reinstalling the latest versions (TEC 4.6.12 and Pro 4.4.24.1), which you can grab from the Downloads page (via FTP – instructions on this here – if you are not able to do this through the Dashboard). Then, try activating The Events Calendar first to make sure it’s working before activating Pro.

Please let me know how this goes!

Kim Borchert
    Participant

I only have The Events Calendar PRO installed. I have tried deactivating, removing, and downloading again, but it still isn’t working.

Do I need to have The Events Calendar and TEC Pro installed?

Kim Borchert
    Participant

This is what I get when I try to upload TEC.

Kim Borchert
    Participant

Took all Events Calendar plugins off my site and this is what happens when I try to install them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar Disappeared’ is closed to new replies.