Calendar as site home page not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Calendar as site home page not working

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Renato Santelices
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m trying to have the calendar on website’s home page, following the instructions at https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-make-your-calendar-your-sites-home-page/ . But the primary method is not working. All I get is a blank space (main menu but no content or widgets). So I’m using the alternative method 1. But the problem is, when clicking on “find out more” on certain event, and in that view clicking on “all events” returns to website.com/events (default URL) not to the home page, and I can’t change the appearance of that page.
    I would like to use the primary method, so I could have a single calendar page and be able to modify its appearance.
    Your help would be greatly appreciated
    Regards,

Shelby
    Participant

Hey there Renato,

Thanks for reaching out, I’m happy to help. 🙂

So could you try using the method here in this knowledgebase article under the heading “How Do You Make the Calendar the Site’s Home Page?” Let me know how that goes. If that method isn’t working out for you, can you use this documentation to test for conflicts and see if it works with those configurations? This will help me know the the root of the issues here.

Best,

Shelby 🙂

Renato Santelices
    Participant

Thanks for your answer Shelby. The knowledgebase article you mention were the instructions that I followed (without success). However, I did as told in the doc “test for conflicts”, and looks like a template conflict (loads fine on twentysixteen). But changing event template to “default events template” on events calendar settings makes the calendar load on home page (that’s good), but there are issues:
    -Filter bar doesn’t load
    -I can’t find a way to load widgets on home page and only there (being “main events page” the home page). The only way to manage to load widgets is assign them to show in ‘all’ the site. Assign them to home just do nothing. Neither I can customize the appearance of the home page trough the framework I’m using.
    Im using a yootheme template, with warp framework. I’ve read on TEC support forums about other users with TEC/warp troubles, but hasn’t helped me with this. Yootheme support has not covered this either.
    Thanks for your help. Hope you can help me to solve this issue
    Regards,

Shelby
    Participant

Hey Renato,

Thanks for doing the testing!

We, unfortunately, can’t support theme and plugin conflicts on this forum. We use this forum to support issues with our plugins out of the box, as configured with the latest version of WordPress, WordPress default themes, and the rest of our plugin suite.

You might be able to reach out to a freelancer to help resolve these conflicts. We have some recommendations of really great folks here for that. 🙂

Best of luck with your project! I’ll leave this open for a few weeks in case any other users who might be using that theme as well, are able to provide you with any tips. Thanks for understanding & let us know should you have any questions in the future!

Best,

Shelby ?

Renato Santelices
    Participant

Hi Shelby,
    In order to solve this plugin conflict, I’ve changed my template and now the main events page load correctly as home page with the method of “How Do You Make the Calendar the Site’s Home Page?”. Also, the filter bar loads fine.
    But I can’t assing widgets to home page and only there. I’m using jetpack and, as you acknowledge on The Events Calendar with Jetpack it doesn’t work. The answer to this problem (“There isn’t much we can do about this at the moment.”) isn’t too much satisfactory, being TECPro a paid plugin, and a conflict with jetpack, the most popular approach to “per page-widget visibility”.
    Being able to set the calendar as home page but not giving a straightforward method to customize wich widgets to have in this home page isn’t too useful.
    I really hope you can help me with this, I’m trying to do this but I’m not good with PHP.
    Regards

Barry

Hi Renato,

Let’s revisit the primary method (for placing your events page on the site homepage).

Given you found this doesn’t work for you, I appreciate you may not wish to do further testing on your live site – so I wonder if it would be possible for you to install a fresh copy of WordPress in a subdirectory (so that you have something like example.com/testwp) and add our plugins there.

This will give us a clean environment we can troubleshoot within before we roll out any changes to your production site.

Can you give that a go?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Calendar as site home page not working’ is closed to new replies.