Buying Multiple Tickets – Names for each person

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Buying Multiple Tickets – Names for each person

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Nicholas
    Participant

Hi Guys,
    When purchasing tickets through wootickets, if the user selects say 4 paid tickets, when he/she buys them, there’s no way to enter the names of the people that they would like for each ticket.

So for example if you buy a ticket on eventbrite and select 4 tickets, the next screen gives you 4 sets of names and emails etc for entry, so that when you view the atendees list, you have those names showing up rather than just the one person who bought the tickets.

Is there a way to get this same functionality through wootickets?

Thank you!

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for using WooCommerce Tickets.

We do not have a feature yet to do as you describe. We do have a beta that should be out soon that adds these features. If you would like to test it out please email us at [email protected].

Thanks

Gregor
    Participant

Hi Brian,

I have a related question. We just had our first events that we handeled through wordpress/woocommerce/theeventscalendarpro/wootickets.

Question: When a customer buys a ticket the system knows a “ticketnumber”. For example #2626. Now – if the customer buys multible tickets it seems like the tickets sent out have the numbers #2626 AND #2627 … or even #2626, #2627, #2628 and so on …

There is no representation of these ticketnumbers in the system! We were having 100 people showing up and plenty of them with tickets and ticketnumbers that are not listed.

Why is it like this? In my understanding it does not make sense.
    If people by multible tickets all the tickets bought in the same process need to have the same ticketnumber.

Looking forward to your reply.
    Best wishes,
    Kavi

naturalepicurean
    Participant

I am having the same issue about the customers getting a ticket number and order number. I can’t seem to find anything about ticket numbers in the system.

Help?

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi Kavi and Rich,

Thanks for posting here. I can certainly help you here, but we can help you better if you create your own topic in the forum where we interact with you one on one. Also, we encourage you to post on your own topic because every time we post we email the author of the topic.

Having said that, each ticket is always given it’s own id when it is created by WordPress just like a post, page, or any other content type. If you buy a group of tickets they will have the same order id, but unique ids themselves as each is a custom post type called tickets and WordPress uses the next available id to generate that number as it does will all content created in WordPress.

There is no representation of these ticket numbers in the system!

Since all those numbers are “post” ids they are represented as any content is in WordPress. Tickets for an event are organized in the Attendee’s list which you can access from the Admin Event List and clicking Attendees link that appears after hovering over an event title.

If people by multible tickets all the tickets bought in the same process need to have the same ticketnumber.

This is not a feature of our plugin, it maybe possible with a customization, but that is beyond the support we can provide. Also, you would have to get around the WordPress method for creating content, which just assigns the next available id to them.

Cheers

Nicholas
    Participant

Thanks for your response.
    In building the modification myself, i’ve run into another issue – the admin views can’t be edited.
    I searched through the forums and a post back in 2013 states that admin views aren’t overridable unlike the front-end views.

I want to be able to edit the table which lists the attendees
    /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/admin-views/tickets/attendees.php

If I edit this file, I can easily get what I’m after, however I would like to maintain best practices for editing core files – either override it with a filter or make it read a cloned file for when the plugin gets updated etc.

Is this possible with a filter?

`/**
    * Renders the Attendees page
    */
    public function attendees_page_inside() {
    include $this->path . ‘admin-views/tickets/attendees.php’;
    }`

Thank you

Nicholas
    Participant

Sorry for a second reply – I have narrowed it down further.
    I want to be able to edit the columns that appear on the attendees output list, and it looks like it’s being generated from the file as specified in previous post, but through the function <?php $this->attendees_table->display() ?>
    is there a way to hook into this somehow?

Nicholas
    Participant

So sorry, I just wanted to provide extra info, and I promise no more follow up posts 😉

It’s actually the below class that I need to be able to add columns to, like the function within this class get_columns. Is there any way to extend this class through functions.php?

class TribeEventsTicketsAttendeesTable extends WP_List_Table {

function get_columns() {
    $columns = array(
    ‘cb’ => ‘<input type=”checkbox” />’,
    ‘order_id’ => __( ‘Order #’, ‘tribe-events-calendar’ ),
    ‘order_status’ => __( ‘Order Status’, ‘tribe-events-calendar’ ),
    ‘purchaser_name’ => __( ‘Purchaser name’, ‘tribe-events-calendar’ ),
    ‘purchaser_email’ => __( ‘Purchaser email’, ‘tribe-events-calendar’ ),
    ‘ticket’ => __( ‘Ticket type’, ‘tribe-events-calendar’ ),
    ‘attendee_id’ => __( ‘Ticket #’, ‘tribe-events-calendar’ ),
    ‘security’ => __( ‘Security Code’, ‘tribe-events-calendar’ ),
    ‘check_in’ => __( ‘Check in’, ‘tribe-events-calendar’ )
    );

return $columns;
    }

Brian
    Keymaster

Hello,

Barry has a write up on the basics of modifying the attendee list:

https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/wootickets-add-columns-to-attendees-list/#dl_post-686133

I maybe to help answer a question or two, but limiting in much more then that.

Let me know.

Thanks

Nicholas
    Participant

Thank you very much for that resource – basically saved my life haha!
    I have now got the fields of the attendees coming through beautifully in the attendees list, but notice that on export, it doesn’t have the fields there. Do you have a recommendation of which hook to modify for the csv?

Thank you!

Nicholas
    Participant

I can see some correspondence about this
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/additional-columns-in-the-attendees-list-csv-export/

I am hoping that since September’s release, you might have added a hook for us to access and modify the CSV?

Thanks 🙂

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Glad that one linked helped.

I would have liked to have more for the csv as well, but we have had delays in the 3.10 release unfortunately delaying that.

We do have a more robust ticketing solution coming out soon and that should have better abilities to export attendees. I do not know if this exact feature is in it yet as that has not been finalized.

Cheers

Nicholas
    Participant

That’s a bit of a shame. I think CSV customising is a high priority for you guys – as also judging by the other posts on this too. I will have to hack the plugin in the meantime, which is a shame as i’ve managed to do everything else perfectly that we needed all through functions.php, but the CSV is a deal breaker.

Brian
    Keymaster

Sorry to disappoint, but this is where we currently are on this plugin and other urgent issues have gotten in front of adding this and other features. If you think this is a deal breaker we understand and you can request a refund by following our policy outlined here:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-policy/

And we can take care of it. Thanks

Brian
    Keymaster

Since there is has not been any activity on this thread for over 2 weeks so I am now closing it. Feel free to start a new thread if you have further issues. Thanks! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Buying Multiple Tickets – Names for each person’ is closed to new replies.