WooTickets Add Columns to Attendees List

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus WooTickets Add Columns to Attendees List

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    outstanding
    Participant

We are running food based events with WooTickets, and are collecting food allergies information on the checkout page. It is vital that we are able to export an attendees list with this information included. Is there a way that we can customize what columns appear on the attendees list page and export csv file?

Barry

Hi – great question!

That would be a fairly advanced customization to make at this time, but I imagine it would be possible. We are implementing some changes that will greatly ease this process, though, and though I can’t guarantee anything those changes ought to roll out with the very next maintenance release 🙂

Thanks!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we have been working diligently on a fix for this issue. Our next release (3.6) will be available soon and should correct this problem. Please keep an eye on your Plugins and Updates pages for a version update. If you are still having problems after updating, please start a new thread with the details and we can assist you.

Best,
    Leah

kelowna
    Participant

How is this done? I have the latest versions but the only option I seem to see are the “Screen Options” at the top of the page which allows me to hide columns. What about adding columns? I have custom fields set up for the order process and would like those to populate in the attendee list. thanks!

Philip Macaulay
    Participant

Joining in on the discussion:
    I would like something rather similar though perhaps not a radical customization and that would be to include the COMPANY NAME as our events are specifically business oriented – BUMP..!

kelowna
    Participant

Bump. Any update here support mavens? Its been almost two months 🙂

getreadingright
    Participant

Yeah, what’s up with this? It’s been 3 months and several versions past 3.6 when this was supposedly having work done on it doesn’t seem to have been addressed at all. We too need to be able to export company name (or in our case, school name) with our attendees, and we can’t see any way of doing this. It can’t possibly be that complicated to export additional columns of buyer’s info.

Please advise.

getreadingright
    Participant

Sorry, not several versions, but we are up to 3.7 now and I don’t see any ways to add additional columns to the exportable attendees info. All their info should be exportable if we want it to be.

getreadingright
    Participant

Business name is most important, as is any of the standard checkout info for that matter (we’re not even talking about custom fields here). I can’t understand why these options aren’t included. Clearly we’re not the only ones that need this, but like so many other missing features (times zones in the Event Calendar for example!) it seems like Modern Tribe just leaves out obvious functionality, ignores its user’s feature requests, or responds with “this is customization beyond the scope of the plugin”, hire someone else to do it. These aren’t cheap plugins, and then we’re looking at hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars extra to make them work like they should. Money that would be essentially wasted if you suddenly add a missing feature in a couple month’s time. Now times that customization expenditure by all the people that need the missing feature. Annoying to say the least.

Barry

Hi everyone,

Apologies first of all for not seeing all these posts.

A quirk in our current forum software means that if the original poster (@outstanding) replies we’re notified that they are waiting on a response, whereas the same thing does not occur if other people enter the thread. This is obviously something that needs be addressed on our side – but until then it is best to create new threads rather than enter threads created by another user (as Leah suggested).

That would be a fairly advanced customization to make at this time, but I imagine it would be possible. We are implementing some changes that will greatly ease this process

These changes did indeed roll out with the release of The Events Calendar 3.6. I should emphasize though that they were primarily aimed at making it for easier for developers to customize the attendee list – so this remains the sort of customization that requires the attentions of someone with a little coding know-how: there is not (and there are currently no plans to implement) a user interface that lets you choose which fields to pull in.

Let me summarize a few key areas that you would need to look at to implement such a customization:

• The attendee list is based on WP_List_Table (the basic structure all such tables are built-on in WordPress) and some knowledge of working with this is definitely needed
    • As with any other WP_List_Table the number of columns can be altered via the manage_SCREEN_ID_columns filter … in this case that means manage_tribe_events_page_tickets-attendees_columns
    • To actually populate rows within any custom columns you might add the tribe_events_tickets_attendees_table_column filter can be used
    • Last but not least, if you need to obtain data collected with a forms plugin or even data natively collected by WooCommerce itself you’re going to need a working knowledge of their respective APIs

With all that said, here’s a short piece of sample code that shows the basic approach for adding a custom column:

add_filter( 'manage_tribe_events_page_tickets-attendees_columns', 'add_my_custom_attendee_column', 20 );
    add_filter( 'tribe_events_tickets_attendees_table_column', 'populate_my_custom_attendee_column', 10, 3 );

function add_my_custom_attendee_column( $columns ) {
    	$columns['custom_id'] = 'Customer Address';
    	return $columns;
    }

function populate_my_custom_attendee_column( $existing, $item, $column ) {
    	if ( 'custom_id' !== $column ) return $existing;
    	$order = new WC_Order( $item['order_id'] );
    	$address = $order->get_billing_address();
    	return esc_html( $address );
    }

I hope that clarifies things – at this point though I will go ahead and close out the thread, but of course you are more than welcome to post fresh threads if you need help that is specific to your situation (but please do remember that we can’t help in detail with every customization – though of course we’ll do our best to point you in the right direction if we can).

Thanks again to all of you for your patience and apologies once more for missing the fact that so many of you were waiting for updates.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘WooTickets Add Columns to Attendees List’ is closed to new replies.