Bug: The validation for recurring events end-date doesn't work

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Bug: The validation for recurring events end-date doesn't work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kari Turunen
    Participant

Hi,
    it would seem that there is a bug in Events Calendar Pro -plugin. It doesn’t validate the recurrence data. Here is more information about the bug

When it happens?
    It happens both in the wp-admin view and also in front-end view of Community Events -plugins. So for example if user sets recurring event to end after certain amount of events, but doesn’t enter any number (or enters string) into <input name=”numberrecurrence[rules][0][end-count]”> field, the plugin generates recurring events without any end date.

Where it happens in the code?
    I think that the problem is in the file events-calendar-pro>src>resources>js>events-recurrence.js in row 67-68. There are the following lines of codes:

$( '.eventForm' )
    			.on( 'submit', '.wp-admin.events-cal #post', this.event.submit_validation )

The ”submit”-event never occur and that’s why the function this.event.submit_validation() is never called. And that’s why the recurring end dates is never validated.

So can you please fix this as soon as possible!

Thank you,
    Sauli Rajala
    Valu Digital Oy

Nico

Hi Valu,

Thanks so much for the report! I’ll help you here…

I see you marked that you de-activated all other plugins and tested this with default (as our testing for conflicts guide indicates), Can you confirm this is happening in those conditions? Also it would be great if you could share your system information with me so I can check if everything looks right on that end.

Once I got your confirmation I’ll take a close look at the issue and let you know if it’s indeed a valid bug. In which case I’ll create a report and it will get fixed in future releases. It will take some time for the fix to be out but maybe we can find a workaround/patch to make this work for now.

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Kari Turunen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Nico

Hi Valu,

Thanks for following up! I could test and confirm this on my local install. I’ve created a new bug report for this to be fixed, but unfortunately I don’t have a timeline for this fix to be released. I’m mostly sure it won’t make it to the next release because tickets for that are already closed.

Thanks again for the report and please let me know if I can help you with anything else,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kari!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, where this issue is already fixed

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-17-june-2018/

We apologize for the long delay and we appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and see if it works for your site. Don’t hesitate to open a new topic if anything comes up

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Bug: The validation for recurring events end-date doesn't work’ is closed to new replies.