Browser errors after TEC Pro update to 4.431

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Browser errors after TEC Pro update to 4.431

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Peter
    Participant

After TEC Pro udpate, our mega menus do not display on any page OTHER than in our /classes/ section (renamed classes from Events). On pages outside of the classes/events, we see the following browser console errors in Chrome, FF and Safari.

ReferenceError: tribe_js_config is not defined[Learn More] tribe-events.min.js:1:34
    http://cjlocal.test/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/resources/js/tribe-events.min.js:1:34
    ReferenceError: tribe_js_config is not defined[Learn More] cj-custom-photo-view.js:392:1
    https://circusjuventas.staging.wpengine.com/wp-content/themes/HighendWP-child/tribe-events/pro/js/cj-custom-photo-view.js:392:1

Reverting plugins to TEC 4.6.13 , TEC PRO 4.4.24.2 and TEC Filter Bar 4.5.4 fixes the issue for us. I’ve seen this issue posted in numerous other recent tickets.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/browser-errors-tribe_js_config/
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/bug-the-events-calendar-pro-extension/#post-1591590
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/add-event-page-location-organizer-calender-not-working/#post-1601093

The fixes posted so far are for extensions which we do not use. The only extension plugin we use is RENAMER but deactivating it did not fix the bug.

Please let us know options to resolve this issue.

Cliff

Hi, Peter. Sorry to hear you’re experiencing this.

I’m unsure of any other of our customers using that menu plugin so could you please deactivate all other plugins besides that one and our plugins (and also switch to Twenty Seventeen theme) so that you can confirm it is a direct conflict with just that plugin?

If it is, please link me to that plugin’s WordPress.org listing (or wherever it is available), and I’ll see if I can replicate the issue on my own site.

Also, whenever troubleshooting, it’s best to edit your wp-config.php file to enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG (which will create a file on your server at /wp-content/debug.log if there are any WP_DEBUG messages) and share any debug messages you see while trying to replicate this issue.

Thank you.

Peter
    Participant

Sorry I meant the only other plugin extension we use from YOU is “The Events Calendar Extension: Relabeler”.

The mega-menus function is built into our theme so it is hard to switch to 2017 theme to determine if the issue still exists or not.

I will enable DEBUG to see what happens.

Cliff

Do let me know if WP_DEBUG / WP_DEBUG_LOG brings up anything.

Peter
    Participant

OK it’s not generating any PHP debug errors. I deactivate all plugins except:

The Events Calendar Version 4.6.23 

The Events Calendar Extension: Relabeler Version 1.0.1

The Events Calendar PRO Version 4.4.32 

The Events Calendar: Filter Bar Version 4.5.8

If you view any page EXCEPT the /classes/ page, the JS errors occur and the menus will not display. On the /classes/ page the JS errors are gone and the menus display as intended.

Does not occur if the PRO plugin is deactivated, so definitely conflict or bug with the PRO plugin.

Thoughts?

Cliff

Thanks for confirming.

If you downgrade just The Events Calendar to version 4.6.20.1, does the problem go away?

If yes, it could be caused by a known issue with one of our widget’s code loading on all pages… which could be caused by a separate bug about the widget code generating a console error (but different than what your site is experiencing).

Thanks for your efforts in testing.

Peter
    Participant

YEP! Restoring the TEC plugin to 4.6.20.1 returns the menu functionality to the entire site.

what are our options now?

Cliff

Thanks for confirming.

I marked this thread as Pending Fix, which means it should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

For future updates, until this thread receives an update that this bug was addressed, I’d recommend (as we always do anyway) having restorable database and file backups as well as performing modifications first on a staging site before modifying anything on your live/production site.

If a future update solves it before this thread receives an update, please do notify us.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Cliff

Hi again, Peter. The bug this ticket was attached to has been released.

Please update to the latest versions of all our plugins and see if this issue is still happening for you.

Thank you.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Browser errors after TEC Pro update to 4.431’ is closed to new replies.