Before I Buy…

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Before I Buy…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    rhoumer

Hi,

I’m trying to start a pubcrawl. I will have a crawl happen every Thurs-Sat night. As the business grows, I want to expand to different locations of the city. Having a single calendar that can be filtered for different crawls will be every useful.

Few questions:
    1) Do I just pay $89 once to get both Events Calendar Pro and Events Tickets Plus licenses on a single site for a year or do I have to purchase both licenses?
    2) I will have recurring events that will require a different ticket each time i.e. a crawl every Thurs night. Can this be supported? I’m worried because of this: “Please note that at this time, Event Tickets Plus will NOT support tickets for recurring events. Please keep this in mind before making your purchase.”
    3) Is Filter Bar another license to pay for or is it included in the $89 single site support license?
    4) Can different events have different colors?

Cliff

Hi. Thanks for your interest in our plugin suite.

Each of our add-ons are separately priced–so, yes, you’d have to buy Events Calendar PRO and Event Tickets Plus and Filter Bar–unless you want to purchase one of our Product Bundles.

I do want to point out, though–as you brought up–that tickets don’t currently work as you’d expect for PRO’s Recurring Events

If you start to create a ticket for a recurring event, there will be a little question mark notice that reads:

Currently, tickets will only show up on the frontend once per full event. For PRO users this means the same ticket will appear across all events in the series. Please configure your events accordingly.

You should add your vote to this existing feature request for Event Tickets to support PRO’s recurring events.

Something some users are doing right now is using PRO’s recurring events to populate their events calendar but then breaking each occurrence from the series to turn them into single events — basically using PRO as an event generator but not actually using its recurring events functionality on the front-end. Others are just dealing with the tickets on recurring events even though you can’t then tell which occurrence they reserved the ticket for… use this information for your own reference but please don’t take it as any sort of recommendation.

For event colors, The Events Calendar Category Colors exists but is a third-party plugin, not endorsed or supported by us.

Last but not least, we have a pretty great Refund Policy so you can buy one or many of our add-ons and thoroughly test them.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

rhoumer

Thanks for the info and guidance. I have an additional question, can I have multiple calendars for my single site i.e. one calendar for every crawl that can be accessed via different pages on the same site and can Event Tickets Plus support it?

Cliff

Sure thing!

Our plugin creates one master calendar, but you can create the appearance of multiple calendars by using Event Categories.

Examples:

There are additional methods and documentation at our Can You Have Multiple Calendars? KB article.

Note that this functionality is available in the free/core version of The Events Calendar. You would only need to buy one of our add-ons if you wanted those extra features (e.g. Map View from Events Calendar PRO).

Also, Event Tickets / Event Tickets Plus purchasing functionality is only available on the Single Event page.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

rhoumer

Awesome!

Just to confirm, if I create Calendar A and B on separate pages with separate events on each calendar, once a customer chooses a specific event on Calendar A or B, then the Event Tickets Plus will allow them to purchase tickets to any of those events? Thanks.

Cliff

You only really have one calendar, http://wpshindig.com/events/

But you could link to the pre-built category URL (“Calendar A” in your example): http://wpshindig.com/events/category/wp-meetups/

And the event display there acts like its own calendar, but it’s not on lock down if that’s important to you.

Regardless of how they get to an event’s single page, like getting to http://wpshindig.com/event/barcelona-wordpress-meetup/2017-11-07/ from the main events calendar or the WP Meetups category calendar view, or site search, or any other method… yes, the Event Tickets will work on the Event Single page.

I hope this clarifies there aren’t separate calendars, just “drill down” views.

Our Filter Bar add-on can make it easy for your site visitors to generate their own calendar views, such as events that are in both the WP Meetings category and the Learning category (can be set to AND or OR).

rhoumer

Yes, I understand I would have a master calendar that I can show as separate calendars to customers via different pages. Does this feature require the Filter license?

What do you mean by not locked down? Will customers be given the option to view events on another category on the “drilled down” calendar? Can I prevent them from doing so?

Do you have any themes you can recommend that work well with Events Calendar? Thanks.

Cliff

Filter Bar makes it easier to navigate around your calendar’s categories, tags, additional fields, time of day, etc., but category views like http://wpshindig.com/events/category/wp-meetups/ don’t require a paid add-on.

Not locked down means no, we don’t prevent them from moving from WP Meetups category to the main category to the Learning category and elsewhere. We don’t know of an out-of-the box way to lock it down, but some hiding of things and some custom code for redirects could make it happen if you require.

If you need some coding help, you may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

We don’t recommend or support any themes, but our WPShindig.com theme is available, and there are ThemeForest themes that state they’re compatible.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Before I Buy…’ is closed to new replies.