Backend Events tab 404s / slow

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Backend Events tab 404s / slow

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant

Hi.

I have a similar issue to these two threads, although they are old so I’m starting a new one since many updates have been released since. https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/events-admin-loading-slowly-in-backend/ and https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-many-events-is-too-many-events/.

Basically the backend Event tab 404s, or if I’m very lucky it’s just incredibly slow. It’s unworkable though.

We have Pro installed and WooCommerce Tickets but even with all plugins disabled the problem persists. Using the default WP theme as well.

We have quite a lot of events, which I’m sure isn’t helping. More than 1500. This is because we use the repeating of events feature in Pro. I suspect a combination of these two things is the cause since it was ok until we added all these events.

Our hosts have upped our memory limit to 128mbs, which should be more than enough I’d have thought.

Do you guys have any recommendations?

Thanks!
    Ben

Ben
    Participant

(Occasionally get 500 internal server errors rather than 404)

Barry

Interesting that you are (generally) experiencing 404s in this situation rather than 500s. Large numbers of recurring events certainly can consume resources; can you provide any details about your hosting package? Is it a basic shared hosting setup, or a VPS, etc?

Ben
    Participant

It’s only shared unfortunately. The ‘Advanced’ package: https://www.vidahost.com/web-hosting/overview

Thanks Barry

Barry

OK, well unfortunately if it’s related to the volume of recurring events then there isn’t really much we can offer you in the short term. You might wish to discuss things with your host and ensure query caching is enabled – which could help – but it may be that, realistically, you need a hosting package with a little more ‘grunt’.

We are aware of some performance issues, especially with large numbers of recurring events, and are working hard to improve the situation but there isn’t a quick fix we can offer up I’m afraid.

Ben
    Participant

Ok. I worried that might be the case. It does seem an issue of at least medium priority since quite a few people have experienced the problem.

Recurring events certainly implies people are going to have a lot of events.

Anyway, I’ll check as to the status of query caching.

Ta.

Barry

This thread’s not seen much activity recently so I’ll go ahead and close it. Of course if you still need help with this or any other issue please don’t hesitate to create a new thread (or threads) and one of the team will be only too happy to help. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Backend Events tab 404s / slow’ is closed to new replies.