Avada Theme + Fusion Slider on Events Page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Avada Theme + Fusion Slider on Events Page

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian
    Participant

Hello,

I have two issues:

1. I am having trouble adding a fusion slider to the Events page (/events). I found a previous thread that offered a Widget plugin, which I used and added Fusion slider shortcode to a text box. It almost worked. The fusion slider is there, but does not help with the transparent header.

2. The paralax feature does not function as other fusion sliders.

I’ve attached two screen shots.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Brian

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Brian!

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry you are having that issue with the Fusion Slider.

Let me help you troubleshoot this.

I can see the issue in your events page, but it seems the fusion slider HTML is showing up inside the events container.

Could you please let us know how you are adding the widget to the events page? The Avada theme does make some template customization for our templates, Are you making a template customization on top of this via a child theme or modifying the Avada templates? Let us know about this.

You mention a widget from previous thread, could you also link that thread as a reference?

Thanks,
    Victor

Brian
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your help. I’m a bit of an amateur at this, so I apologize for my lack of knowledge in some areas. I think I understand what you’re saying in regard to the Fusion slider HTML showing up inside the events container.

Here’s the link to the previous thread, which has another link to the Widget: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/avada-theme-events-calendar-pro-enabling-a-slider-on-the-events-page/

And I’ve attached another screenshot, just showing how I’ve added the fusion slider to a text box in this widget. But like you said, it’s adding that within the container for the events page. That’s the only customization I’ve done. I have not customized the Avada template (in this case).

Again, thanks for your help, Victor!

Brian

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Brian!

Thanks for clearing that out!

So now I understand you are using this plugin > https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/calendar-widget-areas/ to add a TEC Above Calendar widget area. So that’s the reason why the Fusion Slider is showing up inside the calendar container, thus mixing up with the events template structure.

To add the Fusion Slider into the calendar you could try another approach like customizing our templates. We have a great article that will get you started on how to do that here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/themers-guide/

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions and I’d be happy to help 🙂

Best,
    Victor

Brian
    Participant

Hey Victor,

I appreciate your help on this. Based on my research, I think I’ve figured out the code to use, but in my trial-and-error method, I can’t figure out where to place it in the default-template.php file.

Here’s the code I’m trying:

<?php echo do_shortcode( ‘[fusionslider id=”” class=”” name=”events”][/fusionslider]’ ); ?>

Can you tell me if this is the right code, and if so, where it should go?

And as a side note, if you have any idea how to get my paragraph text on the events pages to not be so large, that would be helpful. It’s set to paragraph in the page editor, but it does not show up that way on the page.

Thanks,
    Brian

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Brian!

Great to see you are making progressing so far! 🙂

Let me help you with that.

That seems a way to do it. I’d suggest you try to place that code before before the ‘div’ container and after the ‘get_header();’ like the following:

get_header();
    echo do_shortcode( '[fusionslider id="" class="" name="events"][/fusionslider]' );?>
    <div id="tribe-events-pg-template" class="tribe-events-pg-template">

I’d suggest you set up a staging/dev site to make all of your tests, this way you won’t disrupt your live site in case some undesired changes happen. This is also a good idea to test all plugins, themes and WordPress core updates to make sure it doesn’t break anything, before doing so in the live site.

Regarding the paragraph text I can see it is conflicting with some styles added by the juna video gallery plugin. Try disabling it and see if it changes.

Let me know how that goes.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Avada Theme + Fusion Slider on Events Page’ is closed to new replies.