Automatization Ticket Plus with Custom Field Data from Event-Post

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Automatization Ticket Plus with Custom Field Data from Event-Post

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    coffeeweb
    Participant

I bought the plugin Event Tickets Plus for WooCommerce 2 days ago.

My goal ist an automatization of the Ticket creation process with custom meta data from every event post.

The setting: a user submits an event post by filling out a gravity form for usergenerated content on our page with his event dates. After submitting the form Gravity generates a normal WordPress post and stores custom inputs from the form in several custom meta fields attached to the post (like ticket price, max number of attendees = amount of tickets to generate, ticket location, event date, starting time and some more).

The posts are firstly in review mode und not visible on the page.

How can i trigger to autogenerate the tickets for each event in review mode using the custom meta data for price, amount and all other settings for the tickets from the post stored data created from the form?

And how can i use these custom meta data for the Templates creating the PDF-Tickets oder e-tickets to send via mail to the customers?

It would be so awesome if you can think you into this process and give me a hint to put some stuff to my functions.php to get this setup rolling:

User creates Event -> Event creates Ticket -> Ticket template pulls the needed data from Event AND Ticket.

I am able to code in php with several years of experience. I need some hints how to connect your plugin with the custom fields of my modified event posts. Maybe with some hook functions or extending the class for the ticket to use the custom data inside my functions.php to keep the plugin updatable.

Many greets from germany and regards

Markus

• This topic was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by coffeeweb. Reason: additional information
    Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Markus!

Thanks for reaching out to us! Let me try to help you with that.

First, please let me note that we are fairly limited in how much support we can give for custom development questions like that.

That said, we always like helping out and at least point users into the right direction as much possible.

What you are trying to accomplish seems doable, but would require custom coding. As a starting point, you can take a look at the save_ticket() public function located at wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/Tribe/Commerce/WooCommerce/Main.php

I think you might also be interested in our Community Tickets plugin which extends the functionality of our Community Events and Event Tickets Plus plugins so that users can create and sell tickets for events they submit. > https://theeventscalendar.com/product/community-tickets/

Regarding the PDF tickets, we have an extension that will add a link to the ticket email so the users can download a PDF version of their tickets > https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/view-print-download-pdf-tickets/

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Automatization Ticket Plus with Custom Field Data from Event-Post’ is closed to new replies.