Auto Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Auto Import

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Barry

Yesterday late in the day the auto import started to work. Though set for hourly it did take several hours, I think closer to 12 or so. I have no explanation for it working and shall watch it.

Now some other questions:

How do I import tags, Categories and the ticket link and have the website link, link directly tot he event not the fan page itself?

Barry

James,

It’s awesome to hear it worked – while I’m not sure why it is so sporadic in nature at least we know it works in some conditions (and I do strongly suspect something specific to your site/environment could be causing the hiccup, as it generally works fine for the majority of our users).

In any case, definitely let’s keep an eye on things.

Now some other questions:

How do I import tags, Categories and the ticket link and have the website link, link directly tot he event not the fan page itself?

We do try hard to stick to one problem or issue per forum topic, otherwise it can become a very confusing place! It also makes it easier for us to deliver fair and fast service to all of our customers 🙂

With that in mind can I ask you to break any issues unrelated to the running of the cron task into a new topic? One of the team will then be only too happy to help.

James
    Participant

Okay still think there should be a way to call a specific php file to trigger the import. I can easily create a cron job to call such a file if I knew which on and what to call. I will open other threads for the other items.

Barry

I see what you’re getting at there James – but I’m afraid it just doesn’t work that way.

The Facebook Importer cannot function unless it is loaded within the WordPress environment: when wp-cron.php is run, WordPress is loaded and it can then do it’s job.

Something strange is clearly happening in your case – but it doesn’t generally make sense to have a standalone file for this kind of work.

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘Auto Import’ is closed to new replies.