Auto Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Auto Import

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

another annoyance is the website that comes over is to Facebook fan page not the event itself. can this be resolved.

James
    Participant

received this error today
    Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter – headers already sent (output started at /webroot/l/i/linnc001/linncountygop.org/www/wp-includes/functions.php:3269) in /webroot/l/i/linnc001/linncountygop.org/www/wp-content/plugins/facebook-auto-publish/api/facebook.php on line 49

James
    Participant

Might there be a file or folder that needs certain permissions?

James
    Participant

Do you know the exact .php file I can set up via cron?
    like this:
    usr/bin/php /webroot/l/i/linnc001/linncountygop.org/www/?postie=get-mail >/dev/null 2>&1

were the postie=get mail is one for Postie not yours.

Barry

Apologies for the delay, James – I was unavailable on Friday and so didn’t have an opportunity to check in and update this topic.

So it’s entirely possible that other components are conflicting, here – whether that’s plugins like Postie which are “leaking” content too early (and triggering the headers already sent errors you are seeing) or possibly your security plugin which may have added one or two over-zealous security precautions.

Can you confirm that you have been able to test – either on your live site or a test site – with no other plugins running but ours and just a default theme in place and did you hit the same difficulties then?

Do you know the exact .php file I can set up via cron?

Our plugin uses WordPress’s scheduled tasks, so you’d have to load wp-cron.php itself — there is no plugin-specific file that would help here.

James
    Participant

I have tested on our live site with everything disabled but your plugins and the default template. The header error may have been due to clicking the request to soon to each other someone said.

I am going to try this:
    1) I am going to disable Postie from the cron since I know I can trigger directly, and then test.
    2) I am going to set up a test WP site to test the plugin and will get back to you shortly.

Barry

Awesome, let me know how you get on!

James
    Participant

bary I wanted to test this on a test site but I am unable to get the licenses to work on my temporary test site. how can I sue them for this test site?

the site is jamesknox.net

James
    Participant

Barry I figured out how to move the license. and I get the same issue not auto importing. I have attempted to kick off the wp-cron.phpo and nothing happens. Here is the help file
    urlhttp://www.jamesknox.netinstall keys◾events-calendar-pro = [license key removed]
    ◾events-facebook-importer = [license key removed]
    WordPress version4.1.1PHP version5.5.24plugins◾The Events Calendar PRO version 3.9.2 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/20)
    ◾The Events Calendar: Facebook Events version 3.9.2 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/22)
    ◾The Events Calendar version 3.9.1 by Modern Tribe, Inc.(http://m.tri.be/1x)
    network plugins-mu plugins-themeTwenty Fourteenmultisite-settings◾recurring_events_are_hidden = exposed
    ◾tribeEventsTemplate =
    ◾tribeEventsBeforeHTML =
    ◾tribeEventsAfterHTML =
    ◾previous_ecp_versions = Array
    (
    [0] => 0
    )

◾latest_ecp_version = 3.9.1
    ◾last-update-message = 3.9.1
    ◾earliest_date = 2015-04-20 08:00:00
    ◾latest_date = 2015-04-20 17:00:00
    ◾viewOption = list
    ◾defaultValueReplace =
    ◾disable_metabox_custom_fields = show
    ◾pro-schema-version = 3.5
    ◾fb_api_key = [api credentials removed]
    ◾fb_api_secret = [api credentials removed]
    ◾fb_uids = linncountygop
    ◾fb_default_status = publish
    ◾fb_enable_GoogleMaps = 1
    ◾fb_auto_import = 1
    ◾fb_auto_frequency = hourly
    WordPress timezone-server timezoneUTC

Barry

Hi James,

Don’t worry about the licenses on your test site – the plugin’s basic functionality shouldn’t be impacted even if they haven’t been added.

I have attempted to kick off the wp-cron.phpo and nothing happens.

Just looking at the timestamps for your last two replies, is it possible an hour has not yet elapsed (since setting up the test site and configuring hourly imports)?

James
    Participant

Well I disabled it on the jamesknox.net site and restored the licenses to the original linncountygop.org site as I was having the same issue.

I also downloaded this raw log file but not sure what I should be looking for. how do I upload it to you or what should I be looking for?

James
    Participant

Okay now that I have isolate Postie running manually only and working fine I set up an external cron (outside of WordPress) to run. This is what I am getting:

Report Email Subjects:
    fcron <[email protected]> export PHPRC=/webroot/l/i/linnc001/linncountygop.org/.config; /usr/bin/php55-cgi -q /webroot/l/i/linnc001/linncountygop.org/www/wp-cron.php

The Events Calendar Log: Initializing Tribe Events on Apr, 20th at 03:04:08 pm

So I am thinking it is firing but not importing?

Barry

You could share the log file by uploading it to your WordPress site/server or else to a service like Dropbox – and simply paste the URL in here.

In terms of what you should be looking for, that’s hard to say. I assume we’re discussing the server (Apache?) or PHP error logs and so any warnings, errors or notices could be informative and they may not relate directly to our own plugins.

This has been a fairly involved topic and a lot of information has been shared already. I’m definitely keen (as I’m sure you are!) to wrap things up and hopefully arrive at a satisfactory solution. At this point, I’m wondering about two things in particular:

• If an hour had not elapsed before you inspected the test site to see if the automatic import had run, can you give it some time/space and then test again? Please also ensure you are not visiting and re-saving the Facebook settings page! Doing so would postpone the scheduled task a further hour each time you do this
    • This isn’t for everyone, but – if you feel comfortable setting it up – might you install WP CLI and test if the scheduled import event is correctly set up that way? Some suggested commands you can use are below

WP CLI commands

wp cron event list

The output of the above command would be very interesting and it should tell you how much time remains until tribe_fb_auto_import next runs.

wp cron event run tribe_fb_auto_import

The above will try to run the Facebook import task immediately. If this succeeds – you should see a “Success” message if it does – it could even give you an alternative means of running the importer (by placing it in a custom bash/script file and executing it via cron).

James
    Participant

I re-enabled the test site licenses and will let it site for a few hours. I’ll also try the other suggestion of the wpcl

James
    Participant

I am at a loss. First the command line interface I could not get to work well I did connect using putty and could trigger the wp-cron but when I attempted to trigger the the commands you provide I was getting no where.

I do have a plugin Advanced Cron Manager so I can see your tribe_fb_auto_import is set for hourly and when I execute it from the plugin it works perfectly. Somehow when the wp-cron.php executes it is not executing the tribe_fb_auto_import I believe.

SO if there is a way I can create a cron from my hosts cron executor kind of like a cpanel that I can direct it to the tribe_fb_auto_import file to run I believe it would work.

Is there not a file I CNA CALL OR GET (NOT SURE WHAT THE CORRECT TERM IS ) that can trigger this?
    If you like I can give you the ssh access to run those commends on our Linncountygop.org site. but I was not getting anywhere beyond connecting and moving through the file structure or calling the PHP.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • The topic ‘Auto Import’ is closed to new replies.