Attendees in admin email.

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Attendees in admin email.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Brook
    Participant

On a hunch I double checked who your hosting provider is. It looks like its GoDaddy. There is an issue right now, as the result of a recent updated pushed by GoDaddy’s hosting service, that has broken Event Tickets. Basically the Attendee Data is not saving. We are working to fix this.

I believe this is the issue you are facing. From what I understand, the attendee meta is now missing from both your Tickets email (which this extension does not modify) as well as the Woo emails. Can you confirm that you are on GoDaddy’s WP Managed hosting?

Thanks for getting back!

Cheers!

– Brook

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

On the new site that I am testing the beta extention it is Godaddy Managed WP Hosting. I hope there is a quick fix soon. This goes live tomorrow.

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

On a side note: I used a function to hide the QR code on the email. Is the same issue keeping the QR in the email?

//Remove QR Code from Class Tickets
    function tribe_neuter_qr () {
    	if ( class_exists( 'Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Main' ) ) {
    		$qr_class = Tribe__Tickets_Plus__Main::instance()->qr();
    		remove_action( 'tribe_tickets_ticket_email_ticket_bottom', array( $qr_class, 'inject_qr' ) );
    	}
    } 
    Brook
    Participant

Howdy again Melanie,

The GoDaddy issue caught everyone by surprise. One of the updates GoDaddy did broke things, and we’re still not sure what. We bought an account from them and are working to investigate. We do not have a timeline unfortunately. For all we know at this point, GoDaddy themselves will need to be involved before it can be fixed. That said we are hoping to have this patched within a couple of weeks if we can and thus not require waiting on GoDaddy.

If your site goes live tomorrow, the only known workaround is to switch hosting providers. Even past versions of Event Tickets that worked great before have been reported to be broken now, because of whatever GoDaddy changed.

On a side note: I used a function to hide the QR code on the email. Is the same issue keeping the QR in the email?

That’s interesting. I see no reason why that should have stopped working do to this issue. Does that snippet have this line of code immediately following it in your functions.php file?

add_action( <span class="pl-s"><span class="pl-pds">'</span>init<span class="pl-pds">'</span></span>, <span class="pl-s"><span class="pl-pds">'</span>tribe_neuter_qr<span class="pl-pds">'</span></span>, <span class="pl-c1">10</span> );

Cheers!

– Brook

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

Okay, to solve this issue I have moved my client’s site from GoDaddy Managed WordPress hosting yet the problem remains. No names on tickets. As you can see by the screenshot the woo meta is being added twice but without the name.

Melanie Adcock
    Participant

I copied the site with Backup Buddy and created a local install. I deactivated all plugins except for Woocommerce, TEC, ET and ET+. I switched to 2016 theme. Still no attendee data in any email. I finally decided to use the same changes I used the previous site I started this post with. I edited the woo order and email template to included the attendee name.
    I switched back to the theme and turned on plugins one at a time testing after each and when it was all over I had attendees in all email even on the tickets. Not sure why it started working suddenly on the tickets I knew when it kicked in and started working because I went from no attendees on the tickets to two which meant I need to uncheck the box under settings.
    https://www.mgacreativedesigns.com/getting-attendee-names-woocommerce-new-order-email-event-tickets-plus/

Brook
    Participant

Wow, that was a lot of work. I am sorry it gave you such difficulty, but I am very happy you have no reached a conclusion. Thanks for getting back, and writing a blog post about this no less. That will surely be helpful to others.

Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendees in admin email.’ is closed to new replies.