Attendee Information

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Attendee Information

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anders
    Participant

Hey there,

We’ve recently been trying to setup attendees information. We’ve setup a new event to test using WooCommerce. We’ve gone through the process of purchasing a new ticket but at no stage is asking for the information that is required.

Kind Regards,
    boxchilli

Geoff B.

Good afternoon boxchilli and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear that the option to capture additional attendee information is not showing up on your install.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

In all likelihood, this is caused by a conflict. Either with your WordPress theme or with a WooCommerce related plugin.

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Could you also please send me a copy of your WordPress theme / child theme in a .zip file link (via Dropbox or Google Drive) so that I can run some tests on my end ?

Please ensure you are using the latest files as found on your actual website.
    This way I will get access to any updates you might have made.

As a side note, if you are able to, could you temporarily switch back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-fifteen and see what happens ?

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Anders
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff B.

Good evening Boxchilli,

Thank you for the theme and for the test.

I tried the theme on my install and there is definitely a bug between your template customizations (the /tribe-events/ folder of your theme) and the latest versions of our plugins.

In other words, these customization would be to be removed or at least updated for things to work properly with that theme (including attendee information).
    I could guide you through that if you want.

Another option would be to find out if there was an update on that theme.

But, based on the fact that your attendee information is not showing up even when you are using a default WordPress theme, I am thinking there might be another conflict at play here.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure (preferably in a staging/dev environment or local install of your WordPress website) and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1. Make a backup of your database
    2. Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

Have a good week-end,

Geoff B.

Anders
    Participant

Hi Geoff.

Thanks for the reply. If you’re able to guide me through the theme settings to update this to work with the attendee information this would be a great help.

I’m still trying from our side a blank WP install and will inform the results once I find out.

Regards,
    Boxchilli

Geoff B.

Good morning Boxchilli,

Thank you for writing back.

Actually, this does not look like a matter of theme settings. The issue is that your theme is “taking over” how the “Add to cart” box works everywhere on the site.
    By doing so, it overrides our plugin’s “add to cart” code and as such prevents the fields to capture the additional attendee info from being displayed.

I did take a deeper look at your theme files to check if I did not see anything obvious.
    Unfortunately, provided the complexity of theme, I came up empty handed.

My best recommendation at this point would be to contact the theme author to inquire about a way to dequeue their Add to cart customization on single-event pages.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Anders
    Participant

Hi guys,

Sorry might be a stupid question but can we export the attendees information with the orders?

Cheers for any help

Geoff B.

Good evening boxchilli,

Thank you for writing back.

I would highly recommend reading the following on that topic: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/managing-your-orders-and-attendees

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Anders
    Participant

Hi there.

Thanks for the quick reply. Looking through the link it doesn’t really help me answer my last question.

What I’m currently trying to do is the following:
    Export orders from woocommerce along side attendee information so it can be passed on to our providers in a CSV format.

Even if you can point me in the right direction into doing something like this it’d be a great help.

Geoff B.

Good afternoon boxchilli,

Thank you for clarifying what your goal is.

The “issue” here is that the attendee information is not stored in actual WooCommerce tables (contrary to WooCommerce orders).

However, there still a few things you could do:

1. You could separately export the attendee information and the WooCommerce orders in CSV format and then combine them via an Excel macro (using the order number as the key – since it appears in both reports). If this is slightly outside of your comfort zone, you might want to talk to an Excel expert to program the macro for you.
    2. You could come up with a custom SQL query that would pull up the required information from both the WooCommerce tables and the tables used by our plugins. Here again, you might want to consider hiring somebody that is good with SQL queries. You can event make the query a CRON (automated job) and have the report sent via an email to your client.

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Attendee Information’ is closed to new replies.