Attempt to assign property of non-object…

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Attempt to assign property of non-object…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    leonardchamber
    Participant

Hello-
    At the top of the admin screen, I get a large block of the text below. I have just been putting up with it, but now sometimes it makes it impossible to scroll down the admin page.
    Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in (my ftp directory) public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php on line 719

Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in (my ftp directory) public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php on line 720

Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in (my ftp directory) public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php on line 723

Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in(my ftp directory) public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php on line 719

Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in (my ftp directory) public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php on line 720

Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in (my ftp directory) public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php on line 723

Warning: Attempt to assign property of non-object in (my ftp directory) public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php on line 719

—————-THEN sometimes when I do something in the admin screen (such as delete a plugin) the admin screen goes white and I get the above text plus this:

Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at (my ftp directory) public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php:719) in (my ftp directory) public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1228

—————Deactivating all the plugins including the events plugins gets rid of the problem. Activating Community Events and The Events Calender PRO does not cause the problem. It only happens when I have The Events Calendar active. It happens with the TwentyFourteen Theme as well as my actual theme.

Thank you!

leonardchamber
    Participant

Sorry, one more thing. Now when I edit and save a page, it does save but I get:

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at (my FTP directory) /public_html/wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/PUE/Checker.php:719) in /home2/leonardc/public_html/wp-admin/post.php on line 197

George
    Participant

Hey there,

I’m sorry to hear about these problems! I cannot recreate them on my own site, so while you’ve said in the “system information” box “i am on the latest versions of wordpress, the events calendar pro, and community events.”, can you share the full, un-edited System Information from your site with us?

That will help us investigate these issues.

Here’s how to share the system information → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Please do not remove any data from that information—if you’re concerned about privacy, post that information into a “private reply” here. That way, only you and us on the support team will be able to see the information.

Thank you!
    George

leonardchamber
    Participant

This reply is private.

George
    Participant

Thank you for this information!

I don’t spot anything outright problematic, but am wondering if the WordFence plugin is blocking license-check requests which is leading to the error on your site related to “PUE Checker”.

If you deactivate that WordFence plugin temporarily, does anything improve with regards to those notices?

Thank you!
    George

leonardchamber
    Participant

That doesn’t help. The only plugin deactivation that affects the issue is deactivating Events Calendar (free).

George
    Participant

Hey @leonardchamber,

I’m sorry to hear this—I cannot produce this error at all, still, and am sorry for back-and-forth in trying to isolate the cause of things here.

The specific lines of code that are being referenced seem to imply an issue with a get_option() call on your database, but your system information isn’t missing any of those options. So the behavior is odd and I cannot reproduce any similar problems.

There are two paths forward I can think of from here, which I’ll describe below.

Path 1: Continuing to Troubleshoot

If you want to continue investigating this, I’m happy to do so and am investigating this myself regardless. To do this, can you clarify if you’ve done the full set of troubleshooting steps that are outlined in this article? → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/

I know you’ve deactivated WordFence and appreciate your doing so—the full steps above, however, are thorough and will definitively rule out (or reveal) the presence of a code conflict here.

Check on the issue after EACH step in that process and see if anything improves.

Path 2: Disabling PUE Altogether

The main error on your site is related to our PUE checker, which you can disable outright by adding this line of code to your site’s wp-config.php file:

define( 'TRIBE_DISABLE_PUE', true );

Adding that line should unhook the function where the main error is arising from.

Let me know which way you’d like to proceed, here! If you’re interested you can do the investigatory steps first, and then disable PUE according to the second option while the investigation continues.

Thank you for your patience here!
    George

leonardchamber
    Participant

I had performed the troubleshooting steps already, and a conflict was not identified. However, adding the code to the wp-config.php file got rid of the annoying problem. Thank you!

George
    Participant

Glad to hear it—sorry for the trouble here!

— George

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Attempt to assign property of non-object…’ is closed to new replies.