Assign Organizer and venues to Community event creation

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Assign Organizer and venues to Community event creation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Uwe Matern
    Participant

Good Morning from Germany,

we use already several of the TEC plugins. Next step is now the extension with the community event plugin. It’s bought, installed and tested And works fine on the first glance.

We restrict the access to registered user only.

But, we also want to limit the organizer and venue selection. So, mean, we want assign to an user only its own organizer and venues. It has to be avoided that an user can see organizers and venues where he/she is not the owner.

Is there any idea to implement this request?

Best regards
    Uwe

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Uwe,

Thanks for reaching out! This sounds like a neat feature, but it would definitely involve a customization. We currently do not do customizations, but if you’re comfortable jumping into the code, I can give you some recommendations on where to get started:

First, you would need to associate the venues and organizers with users (one option would be to use the Advanced Custom Fields plugin to create a new “User” field on the venue post type – tribe_venue). From there, you could edit the venue and organizer templates (by following these instructions) for Community Events, found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules. You could then check the user against the custom user fields on the venues and organizers, and limit the options listed to the ones that match. ACF has some pretty good documentation on using their custom fields, so I would definitely recommend taking a look at that for more info on how this could be done. Our themer’s guide is another great resource for customizations.

This would be pretty involved, but we do also have a list of recommended developers if you would like to get help with the code.

If you have any questions or get stuck on the customization, please let me know! I’ll be happy to point you in the right direction.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Uwe,

I wanted to give you an update on this…we actually do have an extension that will let you hide venues/organizers in the community submission form from users that did not create them. If this is something that you still need, I would recommend giving it a try!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Assign Organizer and venues to Community event creation’ is closed to new replies.