All successful orders not showing up in attendees list – part 2

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus All successful orders not showing up in attendees list – part 2

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Michael
    Participant

This is a follow up to: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/all-successful-orders-not-showing-up-in-attendees-list-2/

(I didn’t receive a notification at the time about the reply).

I’m just about to upload all dates for 2018 and I noticed that my last event, this past Saturday was missing attendees.

– I have had issues on multiple dates, multiple tickets
    – This most recent issue is on the same event date, but on both tickets I had available
    – I use Easy Digital Downloads (EDD) as my e-commerce back-end (if that’s relevant)

If I go to the Payment History, within EDD, it shows the payment, and the item purchased (the event). If I click through and click on attendees, they are not present.

I can send details of orders in a private screen.

Michael
    Participant

This reply is private.

Michael
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out again!

Have you noticed any kind of pattern with the attendees that are not included?  For example, do they use the same payment gateway?

One thing you can do is to alter the total_sales custom field on the WooCommerce Product page that is associated with the ticket that you are trying to edit.  You can change that number to reflect the actual number of attendees that you have, which will then change what you see in your Attendees tab.

You can also alter the ticket stock on the Edit Event page, where you edit your ticket.  You may want to do this for now so that customers can still purchase tickets for those negative stock tickets.

In addition, let’s try to rule out if there is some type of conflict at play.
    This is usually because of:

1.    A conflict with another plugin

2.    A conflict with your WordPress theme

3.    A template customization for the Events Calendar that requires updating

When it comes to that type of issue, it is preferable to troubleshoot in a staging environment if you have one.

A first quick test is to simply temporarily revert back to a default WordPress theme such as twenty-sixteen to see if the issue persists.

The next step would be to go through our testing for conflicts procedure and let us know what you find out.

Basically the goal here is to revert back to a bare WordPress installation to see if the problem persists. It also allows us to pinpoint what the cause of the issue is.

But, before you do that, there are 2 things I would advise:

1.    Make a backup of your database

2.    Consider activating a “Maintenance Page” plugin if you are doing this on your live site (to minimize impact on your visitors)

You may want to create a test ticket scenario with this setup to test if the issue still occurs.

Let me know how that goes!

Thanks,

Jaime

Michael
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

I can’t see a useful pattern, all used ECP, Easy Digital Downloads and Stripe.

Regarding attendee issue:

I have a staging site, I can do the work to see if there’s a conflict – I’ve successfully used this theme and plugin setup for over a year now, but I suppose an update to any of the plugins on my site could have created this attendee issue. I was hoping you’d found the culprit with the other support request.

Quick question: I use Easy Digital Downloads. Is the Woocommerce comment regarding the ticket stock?

Regarding the ticket stock:

I have manually changed stock back from, is there a reason why this has occured? Or is this a potential plugin conflict also?

Cheers, Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for providing me with that information.

You can disregard the WooCommerce comment, I know you are using EDD.  Sorry about that!

At this time, I am not sure of the exact cause of your issue, which is why we typically recommend going through our testing for conflicts procedure, just to rule out (or find) any theme or plugin conflict that can exist.  Updates create changes in code and every plugin and theme works individually, without checking in with other themes and plugins to make sure that they are compatible.  This is where conflicts occur.  So it is possible that this this the culprit, though I cannot be sure, as everyone has a unique combination of plugins and themes on their site.

In addition, would you mind taking a screenshot of the ticket setup that you have on the backend, including all stock settings, so that I can try to replicate on my end?

Please let me know if any other questions come up along the way!

Thanks,

Jaime

Michael
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for providing me with all of that information.  Those screenshots were very helpful.  Unfortunately, it seems that this is related to a known bug in our system.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this glitch and we are actively working on a solution for this.

I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed, as it’s in the development team’s hands now.  They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.  The good news is that you will be contacted as soon as a fix is available.

As an alternative, you can try to switch to WooCommerce if you want, in order to keep things up and running optimally for now.

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Michael
    Participant

This reply is private.

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching back out.  Unfortunately we are still working on this issue, and I don’t have an ETA for you at this time.

For now, you should be able to manually manage the stock within your ticket from the backend.  I know this isn’t a perfect solution, but it may be able to keep things running properly in the meantime.

Thank you for your patience in this process.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Michael
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Could you let me know how I actually change the stock on my back end?

1) If I change to unlimited capacity, my front end shows ‘Sold Out’
    2) I changed it back to ‘share with other tickets’ (set at 20 tickets), it’s now showing ‘sold out’

Prior to doing either of these, my front end was correctly showing 17 tickets left (I’ve had 3 sales) and now only showing sold out.

Meanwhile, I have done testing and the ticket stock on the main event list (on the back end) is now showing -314. If I simply open the event (edit), make not changes, click the back button in my browser, then refresh, it’s now at -326.

I know it’s Christmas, and support will be limited, but I have people trying to book for a 13 Jan event.

Is there a way to roll this plugin back to a previous version that worked?

Michael

Hi Michael,

I apologize for the delayed response, as I have been away for the holiday.

You can revert to a previous version of our plugin until a fix is available by going to your Downloads page and manually downloading a previous version of the plugin.

I hope this helps as a temporary workaround.  Please let me know if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Michael
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

Happy New Year.

Would you know which version would be best to utilise that doesn’t have issues with stock amounts?

Michael Goulden

Integra // integra-training.net

Upcoming courses: Integra – Education calendar

Hi Michael,

Happy New Year!

I’d recommend trying to downgrade to Event Tickets 4.5.7 and Event Tickets Plus 4.5.6. Here’s a guide on how to do that > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this process!

Thanks,

Jaime

Michael
    Participant

Hi Jaime,

That seems to have fixed the ticket stock issue in the later plugins updates.

Thank you,

Michael

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The topic ‘All successful orders not showing up in attendees list – part 2’ is closed to new replies.