Agreegator Not Importing Known Events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Agreegator Not Importing Known Events

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Neil Duckett
    Participant

So i’m seeing *some* events imported, but others are being missed. I used to be able to run them manually and pick them up but that’s not working anymore. I then do a one time import from the Facebook source and the events get created.

Example. https://www.facebook.com/wetonwellington/

That should have 12 events, when i check the organiser page there’s none. They used to ALWAYS come in fine. I hit the run import button, it used to show a yellow progress of how many events are being imported then the results. Now it just says “Successfully queued 1 scheduled import”

I check the history, it comes up with a red exclamation mark.

I then do a one time import from the same Facebook source and …. it comes up saying “Your import is currently in progress. Don’t worry, you can safely navigate away–the import will continue in the background.” …. followed by .. “Import complete!
    10 new events were imported. 2 existing events were updated. 7 new images were imported.”

Now the organiser shows the events like i expect to see, albeit 50% missing the event image.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi there Neil,

Thanks for reaching out! A couple questions here:

1. Are the events that aren’t being imported from Facebook by chance?
    2. Can you send me your error log or a screenshot of the import failures?

Let me know about these things and we can go from here!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Really? Asking if they’re from Facebook, when I mention Facebook 3 times above and include a link from Facebook?

At times I wonder if the first response from you guys is purely just to say you’ve acknowledged the thread created, albeit 36 hours after.

Screen shot to show it didn’t work, that’s essentially worthless.

Log, again, yes I can send these when I’m in he office. Looking through the other threads though it’s clearly not just me with this issue, or many other issues.

There’s little point me pursuing it, as other users suggest the stability is extremely poor, we work to get a resolution only to have it broken in subsequent releases.

Shelby
    Participant

Hi Neil,

My apologies. That totally was my bad there. πŸ™ Admittedly, you were one of the last in a long list of threads I took fairly late last night. Probably wasn’t totally with it at the time.

Anyway, with regards to the time delay, we don’t have support open on weekends, and we’ve had a massive influx of threads recently, so unfortunately, it has been taking a bit longer than normal, and we appreciate your patience.

My (failed) attempt to clarify your issue with the questions I asked, was in an effort to identify whether your thread is related to the open Event Aggregator bugs we have pending. On a second look at your original post, it seems that it is, and I will be associating this thread with said bug tickets so that you’ll be notified once we’ve made more headway. We’ve poured a lot of our development resources into attempting to fix these issues, but apparently they’re more complex than we first thought.

Thanks for hanging in there, and again I sincerely apologize for my lack of care in my initial response. We’re doing everything we can on this front, and we appreciate your patience!

Best,

Shelby πŸ™‚

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Thanks Shelby.

I’ll see what happens with the next release. I no longer have the energy or time to gather log files and do any testing on this. Unfortunately all effort spent that results in getting a fix ultimately means it then gets broken in the subsequent release, or a another issue arises, or something from several releases gets broken again.

I don’t doubt you’re throwing resources at it and you’d rather it work too I know but ~10? months have passed and we still have an extremely unstable piece of software.

Your ability to roll back to quickly roll back to previous versions needs work. Not me doing it at a plugin level but you guys at the software level.

It pains me to see the big banner on the top of my screen saying 2 licenses are about to expire.

Hoping for a stable solution sometime soon.

Erikk Isfeld
    Participant

I hear you, Neil! I am frustrated by this issue too and feel that this product is not as stable as I would expect. I do not have confidence that after this issue is fixed, I won’t be in the support forums again with another importing issue. I am looking at another vendor as I have a number of licenses that are expired and can’t justify the time and expense to re purchase them if I am troubleshooting monthly. I have looked at eventon but my theme (eventica) is built with The Events Calendar baked in. I really hope they get their act together shortly.

Shelby
    Participant

Erikk,

Feel free to keep following this thread. However, we’d LOVE to help you more individually. We’ll be able to give you much better assistance if you can please open a separate thread for your similar issue. πŸ™‚

Thanks!

Shelby πŸ™‚

Neil Duckett
    Participant

Any update on this and the other issues with EA please?

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release is out containing various improvements for Events Aggregator. Here’s a breakdown of what’s been released:

• Fix – Avoid Event Aggregator previews or scheduled imports being marked as failures.
    • Fix – Fixed an issue that would sometimes render Event Aggregator options invalid even with a valid license.
    • Fix – Fixed an issues where Event Aggregator scheduled imports could not run other than manually.
    • Tweak – Improve Event Aggregator message regarding Facebook token expiration.
    • Tweak – Support importing from URLs (Event Aggregator) where the protocol hasn’t been specified by defaulting to HTTP.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_aggregator_meta_source to filter the Event Aggregator import source.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_events_linked_post_meta_values_{$current_linked_post_meta_key} for filtering the array of values retrieved for a specific linked post meta field.

Find out more about this release β†’ https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-21-august-2017/

Please update The Events Calendar to the latest version, give it a few hours and let us know how things go. If you are still having troubles be sure to report back to us including system information, a detailed description of the issue (if it has changed in anyway since the original report) and steps to reproduce if possible. We are aware some setups might still need adjustments!

Thanks for the patience while we worked on these issues,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Agreegator Not Importing Known Events’ is closed to new replies.