Aggregator servers blocks import request

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator servers blocks import request

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    David Myles
    Participant

I’m getting the following error message with scheduled imports. The first run worked fine, but subsequent scheduled imports (hourly) do not work.

Import failed: Event Aggregator server has blocked your request. Please try your import again later or contact support to know why.

Why is it being blocked?

David Myles
    Participant

Additionally, any further attempts give:

Import failed: There may be an issue with the Event Aggregator server. Please try your import again later.

And one import in the last 12 hours DID work surprisingly, which updated all our events (?). Why doesn’t it work every hour?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

I’m sorry you are having that issue. Let me help you with the troubleshooting.

Could you please go to Events > Help and send us a screenshot of the Event Aggregator System status?

Could you please try running the scheduled import manually and see if you get any errors?

How many scheduled imports every 1 hour do you currently have?

Thanks,
    Victor

David Myles
    Participant

Hi Victor,

The imports seem to mostly work. As soon as we start adding new events to Facebook it imports those to WordPress. However, we are still getting occassional errors that the import has been blocked by the Event Aggregator server. Why is this happening?

We only have one scheduled import every hour from Facebook. Manual importing seems to work fine. It does state that all previous events have been updated although no changes have been made, I’m not sure if this is supposed to be.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

Thanks for clearing that our and for sending the screenshot.

It seems your EA settings are fine, so that shouldn’t be a problem here.

It’s good to know you are able to manually run your scheduled imports. We’ve been having some other users reporting similar issues with their scheduled imports and we will be releasing some fixes and improvements for this in our next maintenance release during this week.

I will set this thread as “Pending fix” and link it to the report so we’ll let you know as soon as the fix is released.

If you experience issues with Facebook imports, you could try refreshing your connection by going to Events > Settings > APIs tab and clicking “Refresh your connection to Facebook”.

It does state that all previous events have been updated although no changes have been made

This will depend on the Event Update Authority settings you have selected for your imports. You can learn more about it here > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregator-import-settings/

I apologise for this inconvenience and we’d appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Best,
    Victor

Nico

Hi there,

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release is out containing various improvements for Events Aggregator. Here’s a breakdown of what’s been released:

• Fix – Avoid Event Aggregator previews or scheduled imports being marked as failures.
    • Fix – Fixed an issue that would sometimes render Event Aggregator options invalid even with a valid license.
    • Fix – Fixed an issues where Event Aggregator scheduled imports could not run other than manually.
    • Tweak – Improve Event Aggregator message regarding Facebook token expiration.
    • Tweak – Support importing from URLs (Event Aggregator) where the protocol hasn’t been specified by defaulting to HTTP.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_aggregator_meta_source to filter the Event Aggregator import source.
    • Tweak – Added filter: tribe_events_linked_post_meta_values_{$current_linked_post_meta_key} for filtering the array of values retrieved for a specific linked post meta field.

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-21-august-2017/

Please update The Events Calendar to the latest version, give it a few hours and let us know how things go. If you are still having troubles be sure to report back to us including system information, a detailed description of the issue (if it has changed in anyway since the original report) and steps to reproduce if possible. We are aware some setups might still need adjustments!

Thanks for the patience while we worked on these issues,
    Best,
    Nico

David Myles
    Participant

Hi Nico,

Thanks for the update, it seems to run smoother now. But we still get occasional errors popping up in the History interface. Most errors come from our request being blocked:

Import failed: Event Aggregator server has blocked your request. Please try your import again later or contact support to know why.

But we recently also had:

Import failed: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 5001 milliseconds with 0 out of -1 bytes received

Can these issue be resolved? Why are some of our requests being dropped?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

Thanks for following up to let us know about that.

Regarding those failed imports, could you please share with us the import sources for those scheduled imports? Are you consistently experiencing errors with the same scheduled imports? Please point us to them.

Also, how many scheduled imports per day do you currently have?

Thanks,
    Victor

David Myles
    Participant

Hi Victor,

We import from one source and that is Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/rapalje/). We have automatic imports scheduled to every hour. This is our only import, so we have 24 imports every day.

The errors appear for this source, most of the time it works fine but about 25% of the time our request is blocked.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

Thanks for clearing that out and for sharing the Facebook page.

I did some tests on my end and couldn’t experience the error you are having. I did noticed it has more than 80 events to import and so it takes some time to import them.

The cURL error you are getting is because it is reaching the time limit set for the request. Could you please try adding the following code into your theme’s functions.php file:

add_filter('http_request_timeout', function($timeout) { return 60; });

After that see if you get the error and let me know.

Thanks,
    Victor

David Myles
    Participant

Hi Victor,

That fixes the cURL issue indeed. However, the other issue persists. The request is still occasionally blocked by the Events Aggregator server.

Additionally, why are all the events (more than 80 now) updated every run? It re-imports them every hour, but nothing has changed in these events.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

Thanks for following up with this. Good to know the cURL issue is solved.

Could you please update to the latest version of The Events Calendar 4.5.12.2? This last version includes several fixes and improvements in the Event Aggregator service that might solve your current issue with the EA server.

why are all the events (more than 80 now) updated every run? It re-imports them every hour, but nothing has changed in these events.

This could be a different issue. Could you please share the URL where you are importing events from and let me know the import settings so I will run some tests on my end and see if I can reproduce.

Also, please share with us your latest system information.

Thanks,
    Victor

David Myles
    Participant

Hi Victor,

Thanks! We import from URL http://facebook.com/Rapalje, hourly. The Event Update Authority is set to ‘Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.’.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi David!

Thanks for coming back with that info.

If you use the import setting “Import events but preserve local changes to event fields” the events have to be updated in order to compare the information from the source with your local events. This is why it’s updated each time the import runs.

Does it help? Let me know if you have other questions.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator servers blocks import request’ is closed to new replies.