Aggregator not importing images, truncating Venue info

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Aggregator not importing images, truncating Venue info

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    flowstate
    Participant

Hi – we just purchased EA to run along side ECP on a client’s site with the aim to mirror events from another of our client’s sites. All seems to work in principle BUT a couple of things stand out >

A. The featured image is not importing along with the event’s other info EVEN THOUGH it is showing in the feed (see below). There are mentions on your forums of this, BUT your mods seem to say elsewhere that this IS NOT possible as such?(?!). CAN YOU please confirm if this is possible or not (get featured images to import across). if NOT, are there plans to address this at all? Any ETA?

B. As you can see from the extract below, venue info seems chopped off somehow, missing the actual venue name (our calendar only uses ONE venue throughout) e.g. “LOCATION:[STREET_ADDRESS]\, London\, [POST_CODE]\, United Kingdom”. The import then creates a new venue with the name “[STREET_ADDRESS], London, [POST_CODE], United Kingdom” with no street, city, postcode info at all.

Thank you.

Event sample from the /?ical link we’re using >
    I have obscured domain names and venue info with [] content
    ++++++++++++++++
    BEGIN:VEVENT
    DTSTART;TZID=Europe/London:20170112T004500
    DTEND;TZID=Europe/London:20170112T131500
    DTSTAMP:20170127T172547
    CREATED:20161103T160149Z
    LAST-MODIFIED:20161103T161136Z
    UID:29489-1484181900-1484226900@www.[OUR_EXPORTING_SITE]
    SUMMARY:Lunchtime Service
    DESCRIPTION:
    URL:http://www.[OUR_EXPORTING_SITE]/os/event/lunchtime-service-2016-11-10/2017-01-12/
    LOCATION:[STREET_ADDRESS]\, London\, [POST_CODE]\, United Kingdom
    CATEGORIES:Services
    ATTACH;FMTTYPE=image/jpeg:http://www.[OUR_EXPORTING_SITE]/os/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/service.jpg
    END:VEVENT

Hunter

Hi and welcome 🙂

At this time, it is not possible to import featured events from an iCal source. We do have a feature report to include this functionality in an upcoming release, but I unfortunately do not have any kind of ETA. I included this thread to the logged report which helps increase attention on the matter.

Does the issue mentioned in topic B occur when you have the default WordPress theme active and all plugins other than ours deactivated? Please review our Testing for conflicts guide and let me know what you find out. Please include your System Information as a private reply.

Once I have the results I’ll have a better idea on how to further proceed. Thanks and have a pleasant rest of your weekend!

Paul
    Participant

I would like to second this. The images were importing fine until your last release, now they’ve stopped. This has happened before, you guys fixed it somehow (it was a while back). Currently I have to go to each event and manually copy the images off Facebook or wherever and upload them.

Cody
    Participant

Having the same issue .. No event images are importing and the iCal export buttons are greyed over boxes ..

flowstate
    Participant

Hi Hunter

Thanks for the reply –
    Re: A – I was NOT referring to featured events, simply the featured IMAGE for each events.
    It is in the published feed from the exporting site but is not importing on the receiving site. Any ideas?
    +++
    ATTACH;FMTTYPE=image/jpeg:http://www.[OUR_EXPORTING_SITE]/os/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/service.jpg
    +++
    Re: B – I will try a vanilla setup as suggested but again, the info IS in the exported feed, just not complete (just the address, no venue name) which seems highly unlikely to be the fault of another theme or plugin.
    +++
    LOCATION:[STREET_ADDRESS]\, London\, [POST_CODE]\, United Kingdom
    +++
    Can you please confirm that the name of the venue should appear in the LOCATION string of the exported feed, i.e. BEFORE the address bit, assuming something like
    LOCATION:[VENUE_NAME]\, [STREET_ADDRESS]\, London\, [POST_CODE]\, United Kingdom

Any feedback before we manage to do more plain setup tests would be highly appreciated as this issue has the potential to make or break our client’s project.

Thanks for now.

Lee
    Participant

Again, same problem. I have asked a couple of times for images to import, and still waiting.

I have to say this is really disappointing! The image link is there in the feed! As I pointed out in my post some months ago. It is extremely easy to import the image, for Google, Facebook, iCal, and it should have been done some time ago.

As it is, it is now making this plugin unsuitable for me, and if it’s not done soon I am afraid I will have to go elsewhere.

Hunter

@Paul, @Cody, and @Lee, we appreciate you chiming in here. There is obviously an issue in the present version, so the best thing for you to do in this instance is to create your own thread. Before doing so, ensure you’ve review our Testing for conflicts guide to rule out the potential for a theme and/or plugin conflict.

Next, create a thread and include exact step-by-step instructions the support team member fielding you thread needs in order to reproduce the conflict. It might be helpful to link to this thread for reference. We’ll make sure the conflict gets identified and a bug gets logged. Based on the number of users affected determines the level of priority the bug is given. This bug will most likely get addressed in the next maintenance release.

With that said, @flowstate, can you please do as I’ve recommended above and send over exact step-by-step instructions needed to reproduce the conflict relative to featured images? Please include screenshots and/or a screencast if possible.

Can you please confirm that the name of the venue should appear in the LOCATION string of the exported feed, i.e. BEFORE the address bit, assuming something like
    LOCATION:[VENUE_NAME]\, [STREET_ADDRESS]\, London\, [POST_CODE]\, United Kingdom

The venue name should appear in the export feed. Can you please clarify how you are “mirroring” events from site a to site b? This is another instance where the best thing you can do is provide step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce the issue so I can test on my local environment.

Thank you everyone for your patience and rest assured we’ll get things squared away as soon as possible. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Courtney

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Hi there</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue ?</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Find out more about this release → </span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-22-october-2018/</span&gt;

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>As always, we suggest to setup a </span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”>dev/staging</span><span style=”font-weight: 400;”> site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site.</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Thanks</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Courtney</span>

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Aggregator not importing images, truncating Venue info’ is closed to new replies.