After update the events don't show up anymore

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator After update the events don't show up anymore

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kathy
    Participant

Hi,

I updated the theme and plugins on one of our websites, and the events don’t show up anymore in the calendar or in the shortcode on the home page. I didn’t look for an plugin conflict as it was working before update and didn’t install any new plugins.

In settings/Licenses, I have The Events Aggregator, which is not something I installed or I need, but that might be the cause of my problem. The website is on staging, I can’t go live until I get this fixed.

After I go live, the website will have a new url, should I delete the license from the staging and copy it to live site?

Thank you!

Hunter

Hi Kathy,

Event Aggregator is a feature “baked into” The Events Calendar and without having a valid license entered into the Event Aggregator license key field, that feature is not “active”.

With that said, the first step in troubleshooting is reviewing the Testing for conflicts guide. I understand everything was working prior to updating, but it is still the first and a required step to continue receiving support.

Please let me know what you find out and have a pleasant rest of your weekend. Cheers!

Kathy
    Participant

So I paid for the events calendar pro and in order to use it now I have to buy the Aggregator? Is that what you’re saying? That is not fair; I expect you to give me a valid license for aggregator for free. I already purchased an events license, and I expect it to be valid as I paid for the next year too. What is the aggregator doing anyway?

I switched to twenty sixteen theme and with all the plugins but the events calendar deactivated nothing is showing in the calendar. But I don’t have any license key in the Aggregator.

Hunter

Hi Kathy,

If you review the Event Aggregator and Event Aggregator product pages, you’ll see they have very different functions and features.

We granted licenses to those who had purchase import-related plugins which we recently retired in favor for Event Aggregator. More info on the matter can be found here. If you would like the ability to import events from a variety of sources, then you may want to consider purchasing a license for Event Aggregator.

I switched to twenty sixteen theme and with all the plugins but the events calendar deactivated nothing is showing in the calendar. But I don’t have any license key in the Aggregator.

Not having a license entered into the Event Aggregator license key field won’t (well, shouldn’t) have any effect on whether events display or not. My apologies for not catching this sooner, but I noticed you have The Events Calendar PRO version 4.0.5 installed. The most recent version released is 4.4.1. Can you please update PRO to the latest version, then retest as explained in our Testing for conflicts guide to see if the events will display?

I have a hunch once you update PRO, the issue should resolve itself. Please let me know what you find out and have a good afternoon 🙂

Kathy
    Participant

That worked. You can close this ticke

Thank you! t.

Hunter

Thank you for letting me know the issue has been resolved and please feel free to create a new thread if you have any more questions or comments. Take care!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘After update the events don't show up anymore’ is closed to new replies.