After 4.05 upgrade, horrible recurrence descriptions show up :(

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO After 4.05 upgrade, horrible recurrence descriptions show up :(

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Barbara
    Participant

Hi guys,

After the 4.05 upgrade, most of my manually set up recurrence descriptions have been killed and have been replaced by the – sorry to say – extremely horrible automated recurrence descriptions.

I have an event/course set up to recur 4 times per week on different times, causing the automated recurrence description to show up like this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40271012/eventscal/eventscal-issue.png

I am sure that for all recurring events, I had set up a manual one to override these automated recurrence descriptions, but after the upgrade, almost all are gone.

And the strange part is that I can’t get them back. For example, Hatha Yoga (http://triggr.nu/agenda/hatha-yoga/2016-02-01/) has a very long and ugly recurrence description. After I edit the event to show a shorter and Dutch one, I save the event, but it gets overruled somehow… After updating the vent, the recurrence description field is empty again and the changes have not been saved.

Can you have a look at this?
    Thanks,
    Hans

Nico

Hey Hans,

Thanks for reporting this and for the inconvenience it might be causing to you. We are aware of this bug and the fix for it is stated to next maintenance release.

In the meantime I can provide you with a snippet to hide the recurrence tooltip. Just add this snicppet via Simple Custom CSS plugin or to your theme (or child theme) stylesheet:

.tribe-events-tooltip {
    display: none!important;
    }

I’ll set this thread to ‘Pending Fix’ so I can update you when this is fixed.

Please let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with,
    Best,
    Nico

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Nico,
    Thanks, adding that snippet did the trick. Looking forward to the fix πŸ™‚

Regards,
    Hans

Nico

Hey Hans,

Thanks for confirming! Looking forward to it as well πŸ™‚

Have a great weekend,
    Nico

ocws
    Participant

I’m having the same issue, please can you update me also when you release a fix.
    Thanks.

Nico

Sure @ocws, we will post an update in this thread!

Shannon
    Participant

bookmarked for reply

Nico

Hey folks,

Thanks for the patience! Good news are here: maintenance release 4.0.6 is out with a fix for this the recurrence description πŸ™‚

Please update the plugins and let us know in case you still have trouble with this,
    Best,
    Nico

Shannon
    Participant

I have upgraded to 4.0.6, and while a lot of things were fixed I am still unable to save a Recurrence Description, but at least the popup is no longer blank! So that is something.

https://pnwtekno.org

Barbara
    Participant

Hi Shannon,

After upgrading the PRO plugin, it is working fine for me! I have no issues now with setting up the manual recurrence descriptions.

Best regards,
    Hans

Nico

Hey Hans,

Thanks for confirming this is working πŸ™‚

@Shannon, if you can confirming this is still an issue after updating The Events Calendar + Events Calendar PRO to version 4.0.6 please post a new thread with your system information + confirming you’ve tested for conflicts. This way we will be able to help you better.

I’ll go ahead and close out this thread, but if anyone facing the same issue still needs help please don’t hesitate to create a new one and we will be happy to assist you.

Best,
    Nico

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘After 4.05 upgrade, horrible recurrence descriptions show up :(’ is closed to new replies.