Adjusting page location for tickets

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adjusting page location for tickets

• This topic has 21 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Kristy.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Kristy
    Participant

We are using Events Tickets Plus and want to know how to change the location for the ticket son the page. It currently defaults to the bottom of the page but reading another support thread it looks like there is a way to move it to the top etc. How is this done?

Courtney

Hi Kristy

I’d like to help troubleshoot this further. Can you provide the domain name and your System Info?

In the meantime, you can also try going to WPAdmin → Events → Settings → Tickets.  Then modify Location of Tickets form.

Keep me posted!

Thanks,
    Courtney

Kristy
    Participant

This reply is private.

Courtney

Thank you Kristy

From the system info and website address, I can now see that you are not running “The Events Calendar”.  To reorder where tickets appear, there are 2 options.

1. Install “The Events Calendar“.  It is free, and would create an /events page within your site.  You wouldn’t have to reveal that page, but the plugin would make the Location of Tickets option appear.
    2. Here’s a mini plugin that hides the Ticket forms areas including RSVP. It then allows you to reinsert them elsewhere using this shortcode: [event_tickets_forms_display]
      https://theeventscalendar.com/content/uploads/2016/08/tribe-snippet-tickets-shortcode-2016-08-11.zip

I hope one of these methods resolves this for you.

Thanks again,
    Courtney

Kristy
    Participant

I cannot find any documentation on how to use the ticket form shortcode mini plugin.

Courtney

Hi Kristy

You can upload the linked plugin above in Plugins » Installed Plugins » Upload.

You can then write your post/page/event as you’d like. To place the ticket fields where you’d like, just add this shortcode to the desired location:

[event_tickets_forms_display]

When you publish the post, it’ll display where you’d like.

move tickets field

Let me know if this helps 🙂

Thanks,
    Courtney

Kristy
    Participant

We have a page with the ticket form created and it shows both the shortcode and the standard ticket forms. https://davewilliams.com/2017-seminars/

How do we hide the non-shortcode form?

Does this solution only allow for ticket forms created on that page to show or is there a way to tickets that were created in an event to show on separate pages using an ID for that ticket form?

Courtney

Hi Kristy

I clicked through to your site to see what is happening. The link you provided redirects me back to the home page. Can you resend another example link?

Thanks,
    Courtney

Kristy
    Participant

The page can now be seen

https://davewilliams.com/2017-seminars/

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Kristy,

Coutrney asked me take a look at this since I wrote the shortcode she shared with you.

When you insert that shortcode it should  move the tickets form. If the form is displaying somewhere on the page by default, but you have inserted the shortcode elsewhere, it should hide the original and show only the shortcode one.

In the page you shared I see only one ticket form. Is that the area where you inserted the shortcode?

Does this solution only allow for ticket forms created on that page to show or is there a way to tickets that were created in an event to show on separate pages using an ID for that ticket form?

The shortcode for now can only show the tickets form for the current page, it can not show the ticket forms from other pages or events. I would love to add that capability, but we simply haven’t budgeted the time yet.

Does that answer your questions? Are you able to get the shortcode working?

Cheers!

– Brook

Kristy
    Participant

I’ve re-added the shortcode plugin and added the shortcode on this page.

Dismantling Strongholds Seminar

You can see the original ticket is still showing on the bottom and the shortcode version above it.

Kristy
    Participant

In addition, activated the shortcode is causing an issue with the site. The backend of the site with any event on it now shows a blank white screen when I try to edit the page in WordPress. The only way I can edit the page is to disable the shortcode plugin.

Kristy
    Participant

???????????

Kristy
    Participant

Any update on this shortcode.

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Kristy,

Please pardon the delay, your topic was accidentally mismarked on our end as not needing a response.

The shortcode is a bit old, it was written before we had options to move the tickets area inside WP-Admin > Events > Settings > Tickets. I’m guessing that’s why it was not working quite right for you.

I just rewrote it. The new one can be found here, and I’ve tested it a decent amount so I’m pretty confident it will solve your issues. Event Tickets Extension: [event_tickets_form] shortcode Could you try deactivating the old one, and installing and activating this replacement?

It adds the shortcode as an available option in WP-Admin > Events > Settings > Tickets, so make sure to set the shortcode as the place you would like to display the ticket area. When the shortcode is selected here, it will hide the tickets area and only show it when the shortcode is present.

Once you have activated the plugin and selected the appropriate options, you can insert a tickets area using this new shortcode: [event_tickets_form]

I also added the ability to display ticket areas for other posts:

[event_tickets_form id=42]

You can replace 42 with the post ID of any post or page that contains a ticket area.

Does the new one work for you?

Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Adjusting page location for tickets’ is closed to new replies.