Adding times on tickets for multiple events (variable products) on same date

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Adding times on tickets for multiple events (variable products) on same date

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Simon Newton
    Participant

In my case, I am using The Events Calendar, because of its great event listing that is easily added to WordPress pages or posts. However, after upgrading to Pro and Adding Ticket Plus, the plugin is still not achieving what I expected.

I have dozens of workshops (events) that are taking place over a four-day period of time. Some of those events are re-occurring a few times each day so in effect, they are variable products in “Woocommerce”. I need to be able to display the time on each ticket so that the ticket holder is clear which time their workshop takes place.
    I see that since early 2016 many people have been requesting and voting for this feature – will you be implementing ticket support for variable products?

Also when it comes to check-in I am surprised that you do not have a simple App like “Foo Events” or “Box Office” for this process. I have read several support responses from Event Calendar team but it looks like the person responsible for checking in attendees using QR scan would need to be on the attendee list for each individual event. This is hardly practical if you have several of events taking place at the same time.

Do you have any suggestions that would provide an easy solution for ticket holders to different events being checked in by one person from wp-admin.

I have looked into linking FooEvents in order to produce a list of attendees that would solve the check-in issue but sending out two types of tickets seems ridiculous.

Simon Newton
    Participant

Hi, unfortunately, I have not received any reply to my support ticket yet. Can you provide n indication of how long it takes?

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Just wanted to let you know that we are dealing with a high volume of threads at the moment and it may take us more than usual to get back to you.

In the meantime, if you are dealing with an issue, please make sure you have gone through our Testing for Conflicts Guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/testing-for-conflicts/ and let us know if any difference under those conditions.

Also please provide as much information about the issue as possible and share links and screenshots so we can have as reference.

Finally, don’t forget to share your complete system information information by following the steps in this guide > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

We appreciate your patience while we slowly get back to normal response times.

Best,
    Victor

Hi Simon,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

Unfortunately, recurring events still don’t support tickets in the way that you are referring to. You can technically add tickets to a series, but it will be the same ticket on every occurrence in the series (i.e. you won’t be able to distinguish which occurrence the user intended to purchase the ticket for). Sorry for the bad news here!

One way around this would be to create a series of recurring events and then to break each event from the series, and add a ticket for that event.  You would essentially be using the recurring event feature to populate your calendar, and then create separate tickets for all events. I know that this is not an ideal solution, but it is a workable one for now.

In addition, we’d love for you to vote on this idea in our feature request, as we do take customer feedback into consideration when implementing new features:

https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/3685663-recurring-event-support-for-tickets

As far as check-in goes, you can limit who can check in attendees to specific roles. If any user was allowed to check attendees in, it could potentially cause problems for the event organizers. A workaround is to use a plugin such as User Role Editor and create a specific role for checking in tickets.  This Admin roles and permissions KB article also might come in handy.

There is also more information on the check-in process in the following article:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/managing-your-orders-and-attendees/

Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions in the meantime!

Thanks,

Jaime

Simon Newton
    Participant

Thank you Jaime for your response. It is indeed sad to hear that Events Calendar cant support variable products as such. As there are so many people voting for this feature since 2016, is it something that EC is considering for the next update?

As for the check-in situation, I feel misunderstood so I will re-phrase. If I have multiple events taking place in different rooms around the same time and one check-in location/desk how can the scanning be achieved to take the user (being the staff member checking in the ticket holders ) to the relevant event? to mark the ticket holder as checked-in in.?

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your feedback.  Unfortunately ticket support for recurring events is a complicated endeavor so we are still working on the best way to introduce that feature.

As for the check-in issue, as I understand it, you’d like to have one person check people in for different events at the same time.  Although not ideal, you can have the different events opened in different tabs on the backend, so that someone can go to that event easily in order to check people in.

You can also print out the attendee lists and have people checked in offline instead:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/managing-your-orders-and-attendees/#exporting-attendees

Or you can scan the QR codes and check users in that way:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-qr-codes-event-tickets-plus/

Let me know if you have any other questions on this topic!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding times on tickets for multiple events (variable products) on same date’ is closed to new replies.