Adding Tags to Submit Events Form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Adding Tags to Submit Events Form

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Robyn
    Participant

I am looking for a way to add tags to my site’s submit event frontend form. We have a bunch of categories and subcategories and since the form doesn’t put those in any logical hierarchical order or allow drop down boxes it can get really messy to further attempt to narrow the criteria for certain events by adding more sub categories. A solution to this is to allow our users to add tags to their events which we could then turn into filters via widgets and such.

The problem is this – From the user dashboard they can add tags when creating a new event, awesome… but we really like the form for event submissions (rather than allowing them to create events from the dashboard) and I can’t figure out how to get the tags as a section on the form. There was a thread here that seemed to solve the problem, but I’m not exactly sure where to add the code that the poster offered and I do not appear to be guessing correctly because nothing useful is happening.

The thread is here — https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/tags-in-front-end-events-submition/

I have no idea how to get in touch with the person who has the solution and the thread is closed. Is there a way, yet, to make this work? Or is there a way that I can try to get some clarification on where exactly to place the code?

The other thing that would work is the additional fields… if those fields could be called on like tags in sidebar widgets… if they could be used to further filter the events.

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for reaching out to us here on our forums, and sorry for the delay but I was crafting a snippet to solve your issue.

Actually it’s a plugin, in which you just need to activate the plugin and the “Event Tags” field will be shown on the Community Form.

Hit the link below and follow the How to Instructions:

https://github.com/bordoni/tec-forum-support/tree/plugin-954138

My Best Regards,

Robyn
    Participant

That plug in is amazing! I love how it automatically adds the tags to the filters. Thank you so much for this solution!

Gustavo Bordoni
    Keymaster

Hi Robyn,

Thanks for the feedback, I will close this thread and mark the correct answer.

My Best Regards,

Courtney

We’re happy to announce you can now allow users to add Tags to their events when submitting them to your site.

Don’t worry, they won’t be able to go crazy and add 80 million new tags on your site – in the same way categories work, users can only add existing tags that an admin has created to their event. And if you wish to remove Categories and Tags from the event submission form, you can do so with simple customizations.

Learn more about this and more Community Events updates at https://theeventscalendar.com/community-events-4-5-refresh/.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding Tags to Submit Events Form’ is closed to new replies.