Adding product to community tickets through woo commerce

Home Forums Ticket Products Community Tickets Adding product to community tickets through woo commerce

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    sophie Fletcher
    Participant

I have been trying to set up the community tickets bundle. I can’t seem to resolve these issues.

Adding an event as a community manager, seems to take away the option of adding woo commerce products. I don’t want the events to show up in the all products page on my woo site, but I want the option to sell merchandise (that’s in the woo commerce area of my site) along with the ticket.

The community managers also need to collect additional information from their clients because it’s health events. Is there a way to set this? I can do it from the Dashboard but not as a community manager through the add events option.

I also can’t seem to set the search function by postcode radius (bringing up nearest events within a timeframe). I want people to find events in a three month timeframe not one month.

Thanks for you help.

Cliff

Hi, Sophie.

In our forums we keep our threads focused on just one issue at a time to ensure we fully answer each of your questions/issues. Please keep this in mind for the future and start a new thread for your additional questions from this thread (e.g. Tribe Bar / Filter Bar distance searching). Thanks for your understanding, and I’ll answer only your first question about Community Tickets.

By default, Event Tickets Plus’ WooCommerce tickets should not appear in the front-end WooCommerce Shop. However, they do show up in the wp-admin list of Products.

Could you please clarify exactly what your issue(s) with Community Tickets are so I can address each one?

Sharing an annotated screenshot, screen capture video, and/or relevant URLs may help to clarify exactly what’s happening here.

sophie Fletcher
    Participant

These are the community event problems.

1. No option to add a product by a community manager through the community manager interface
    3. Adding a field to the community manager interface so the community managers can get additional information

Geoff B.

Good evening Sophie,

At my colleague Caroline’s request, I will chime in to make sure you get a timely answer to your questions (as Cliff is out of the office).

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please provide us with your complete system information in a private reply using the instructions found in the following link?

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/sharing-sys-info/

Adding an event as a community manager, seems to take away the option of adding woo commerce products. I don’t want the events to show up in the all products page on my woo site, but I want the option to sell merchandise (that’s in the woo commerce area of my site) along with the ticket.

Without seeing your system information, my best guess is that the “Community Manager” role does not have the proper capabilities (permission) to add WooCommerce products.

You could easily fix that with a plugin such as Members as discussed here https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

Could you also tell me what process you use for adding WooCommerce products in events typically ?

The community managers also need to collect additional information from their clients because it’s health events. Is there a way to set this? I can do it from the Dashboard but not as a community manager through the add events option.

Yes, this can be tackled via additional attendee information: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/collecting-attendee-information/

I also can’t seem to set the search function by postcode radius (bringing up nearest events within a timeframe). I want people to find events in a three month timeframe not one month.

I am not exactly sure in which context, but I am guessing you are referring to a customization.

I would recommend reading the following: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/custom-event-queries/

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

sophie Fletcher
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Sophie, if you want say Product 173 to be added to all carts whenever a WooCommerce ticket is added to the cart, there are surely code-based ways to do this. Could you please clarify if this is what you’re after?

If yes, do you want the quantity to be the same (e.g. 3 Woo tickets added means 3 of Product 173 should also be added)?

sophie Fletcher
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

sophie Fletcher
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Here’s a code snippet to do this:

https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/30481ca323012e298418095476d49337

Please note that customizations aren’t part of our Scope of Support / Terms, but we’re glad to go above-and-beyond from time-to-time.

So if your event already has a $10 ticket that doesn’t include the book purchase (which is normally $15 by itself), you now need to add a 2nd ticket to your event that is $20 and includes a copy of the book in the ticket purchase price.

Please let me know how this goes for you.

sophie Fletcher
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Well then, welcome to WordPress customizing!

This is actually PHP code, not CSS.

Best practice for adding custom code (like to implement a PHP snippet to modify The Events Calendar) is to create a functionality plugin, unless it’s something specific to your theme, in which case best practice is to make sure you’re using a child theme<i>,</i> then add the customization to your child theme’s functions.php file (easiest).

So you could just copy and paste the entire contents of that snippet (except for the first <?php line) into your child theme’s functions.php and it should work… although you will need to find the WooCommerce Product ID for the event ticket you created — in the !!! CHANGE THESE THREE VARIABLES BEFORE USING!!! section.

Really, though, if this is out of your comfort level, it’s likely better for you to purchase the https://woocommerce.com/products/chained-products/ extension to avoid all code and be able to implement this functionality in a code-free, GUI way.

I hope this information helps!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Adding product to community tickets through woo commerce’ is closed to new replies.